Daniel Lazzari | 17 Feb 20:50 2012

Problems with Pseudo

A problem just popped up today that I can't seem to fix. When trying to bitbake anything, I first get the
following message:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpseudo.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Followed by a bunch of debug output, detailing the configuration files being loaded, then finally I get:

ERROR:  Poky's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Pseudo is not functioning correctly, which will cause failures during package installation. Please
check your configuration.

ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed

I've never seen this before, but I'm afraid to disable it because I know how important pseudo is. Strangely
enough, if I run pseudo (the one built in the i686-linux sysroot) manually from the command line, it works
just fine. I tried blowing away my build directory and downloads but nothing seems to work. Has anyone seen
this before or might be able to help me track down what's going on?

Thanks,

Dan Lazzari Jr.
Firmware Engineer
dlazzari@...
Phil Blundell | 17 Feb 21:12 2012
Picon

Re: Problems with Pseudo

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 19:50 +0000, Daniel Lazzari wrote:
> A problem just popped up today that I can't seem to fix. When trying to bitbake anything, I first get the
following message:

> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpseudo.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>
> Followed by a bunch of debug output, detailing the configuration files being loaded, then finally I get:

Are you trying to run bitbake from inside a devshell or anything like
that?

p.
Mark Hatle | 17 Feb 21:25 2012

Re: Problems with Pseudo

The usual cause of this error is either a system level protection, i.e.
grsecurity, app armor, or selinux policy that prevents preload libraries from
being loaded.

The other option is something is set "setuid" and that also prevents LD_PRELOAD
libraries from loading for security reasons.

Finally, you can get this message if you are on a mixed-mode (multilib) host.
I.e. you have executables that are both ELF 32 and ELF64.  If so, you need to
configure the system to build pseudo with both target environments, otherwise
only one version is generated and you'll get an error when the "other" type is
being executed.

--Mark

On 2/17/12 11:50 AM, Daniel Lazzari wrote:
> A problem just popped up today that I can't seem to fix. When trying to bitbake anything, I first get the
following message:

> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpseudo.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>
> Followed by a bunch of debug output, detailing the configuration files being loaded, then finally I get:
>
> ERROR:  Poky's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
>      Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
>      Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:
>
>      Pseudo is not functioning correctly, which will cause failures during package installation. Please
check your configuration.

(Continue reading)

Daniel Lazzari | 17 Feb 22:10 2012

Re: Problems with Pseudo

Thanks Mark! Your suggestions led me to the solution. A while back I had added the cap_sys_rawio capability
to my python binary because of a tricky situation involving needing to be able to issue mass storage device
commands without being the root user. Reinstalling python removed that capability and my bitbake is
working again.

Daniel Lazzari | 17 Feb 21:17 2012

Re: Problems with Pseudo

>Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:12:48 +0000
>From: Phil Blundell <philb@...>
>Subject: Re: [OE-core] Problems with Pseudo
>To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer
>	<openembedded-core@...>
>
>On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 19:50 +0000, Daniel Lazzari wrote:
>> A problem just popped up today that I can't seem to fix. When trying to
>bitbake anything, I first get the following message:
>>
>> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpseudo.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:
>ignored.
>>
>> Followed by a bunch of debug output, detailing the configuration files being
>loaded, then finally I get:
>
>Are you trying to run bitbake from inside a devshell or anything like that?
>
>p.

We normally run bitbake through a wrapper script, but I tried it just from my command line and I get the same result.

Gmane