Dusty | 4 Aug 22:46 2011
Picon

Android page transition/switching/loading

I have recently updated phonegap in my app from .9.5.1 to 1.0. I
adding the missing <activity> tag to the AndroidManifest, fixed my
plugin registration in the new plugins.xml and redone the js. My app
works again but I have 2 issues that I have now yet to find a solution
for.

1) When navigating from the initial (index.html) page to another page
(folder/index.html) there is a full screen black transition between
views. My app has white/light background and the black is not ideal.
With 9.5.1 the transition was white so there was no problem. How do I
change it to white or some other option?

2) Also, when loading the second page, the dimensions seem to be
smaller that what the webview is, then it resizes to the full view.
Any ides why this is happening?

Dusty

Dimanche | 4 Aug 23:48 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

Hello,

How do you move/transit/switch/load to another app screen?

Ty.

On Aug 4, 4:46 pm, Dusty <iond...@...> wrote:
> I have recently updated phonegap in my app from .9.5.1 to 1.0. I
> adding the missing <activity> tag to the AndroidManifest, fixed my
> plugin registration in the new plugins.xml and redone the js. My app
> works again but I have 2 issues that I have now yet to find a solution
> for.
>
> 1) When navigating from the initial (index.html) page to another page
> (folder/index.html) there is a full screen black transition between
> views. My app has white/light background and the black is not ideal.
> With 9.5.1 the transition was white so there was no problem. How do I
> change it to white or some other option?
>
> 2) Also, when loading the second page, the dimensions seem to be
> smaller that what the webview is, then it resizes to the full view.
> Any ides why this is happening?
>
> Dusty

Dusty | 5 Aug 00:12 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

> How do you move/transit/switch/load to another app screen?

Via an <a> on the index.html file. From my javascript I take the href
and do a document.location = href.

Dimanche | 5 Aug 00:26 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

Why is it not working for me?

If I run the html file on a desktop browser it works, but not on my
device, any idea why?

On Aug 4, 6:12 pm, Dusty <iond...@...> wrote:
> > How do you move/transit/switch/load to another app screen?
>
> Via an <a> on the index.html file. From my javascript I take the href
> and do a document.location = href.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Dusty | 5 Aug 00:31 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

When I updated to Phonegap 1.0 I had to add this to the
AndroideManifest.xml file, inside the <application..> node.

<activity android:name="com.phonegap.DroidGap" android:label=" <at> string/
app_name"
	android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"
	android:hardwareAccelerated="false">
	<intent-filter>
	</intent-filter>
</activity>

That's when the Black instead of White background issue happened for
me.

Nimish Nayak | 5 Aug 06:56 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

hmm so basically you have to disable the hardware acceleration as I dont see anything in the intent-filter element of the XML you pasted

When I updated to Phonegap 1.0 I had to add this to the
AndroideManifest.xml file, inside the <application..> node.

<activity android:name="com.phonegap.DroidGap" android:label=" <at> string/
app_name"
       android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden"
       android:hardwareAccelerated="false">
       <intent-filter>
       </intent-filter>
</activity>

That's when the Black instead of White background issue happened for
me.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
Dusty | 5 Aug 17:09 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

> hmm so basically you have to disable the hardware acceleration as I dont see
> anything in the intent-filter element of the XML you pasted

I have the hardware disabled here because the Motorola Xoom doesn't
handle HWA css animations very well (the backgrounds flicker or
disappear and sometimes don't come back). The intent-filter node was
empty in the example I got it from. This enabled the links to work
again.

Ramya | 5 Aug 14:08 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

You can assign window.location as ur HTML file.not sure if this is what u r looking for

Dimanche <dimanchec3@...> wrote:

>Why is it not working for me?
>
>If I run the html file on a desktop browser it works, but not on my
>device, any idea why?
>
>On Aug 4, 6:12 pm, Dusty <iond...@...> wrote:
>> > How do you move/transit/switch/load to another app screen?
>>
>> Via an <a> on the index.html file. From my javascript I take the href
>> and do a document.location = href.
>
>--
>
>For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Dusty | 5 Aug 17:11 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

> You can assign window.location as ur HTML file.not sure if this is what u r looking for

I am assigning the window.location with the file and the page loads,
but before it loads the screen goes black.

DJF | 9 Aug 04:22 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

I'm running into the same problem with my app since I updated to 1.0.0
(developing for Android 2.2).  According to the Android development
the "hardwareAcceleration" is for 3.0 or newer only, so that was not a
possible solution for me.

I've succesfully modified my manifest file to add the 2nd activity and
all plugins and features of the app work, except the flash of the
white screen between page transitions (my background is black).  This
didn't happen on my previous version of using 0.9.5.

I've tried both the window.location method and the <a
href="home.html"> to go between my index page and the home page. Both
methods succesfully take me to the page, but again, the white page
"flash" is my problem.

Anyone else have any luck getting rid of this?

On Aug 5, 10:11 am, Dusty <iond...@...> wrote:
> > You can assign window.location as ur HTML file.not sure if this is what u r looking for
>
> I am assigning the window.location with the file and the page loads,
> but before it loads the screen goes black.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

DJF | 9 Aug 05:31 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

Im running into the same problem with 1.0.0 for Android, except I have
a white screen between pages and I have black backgrounds.  I am
running Android 2.3.3 on my phone and for the library.  I've tried
various libraries ranging from 2.1 update 1 all the way to 3.2 and
that did not make a difference.

I've tried using href="home.html" and the window.location javascript.
Both succesfully take me to the home page (or the respective page),
but no matter what I get the white "flash" between pages.  Here is my
script order on my html page:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="javascript/
phonegap-1.0.0.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="javascript/
childbrowser.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

	var childBrowser;

	function onLoad() { // Initialiation Start

    document.addEventListener("deviceready", onDeviceReady, false);
  	 }

	function onDeviceReady() {  // Required for initialization
	    document.addEventListener("menubutton", onMenuKeyDown, false);
	    document.addEventListener("pause", onPause, false);
	    document.addEventListener("resume", onResume, false);
	  }

	function onMenuKeyDown() { // Required for menu button changes
	  }

	function onPause(){ // Required for changes while leaving proram
	  }

	function onResume(){ // Required for on return to program
	  }

	function openChildBrowser(){
		window.plugins.childBrowser.showWebPage('http://testlink.com');
	  }

</script>

Any ideas?  If anything, if I could get that screen to be black
instead of white, that would be fine with me.

On Aug 5, 10:11 am, Dusty <iond...@...> wrote:
> > You can assign window.location as ur HTML file.not sure if this is what u r looking for
>
> I am assigning the window.location with the file and the page loads,
> but before it loads the screen goes black.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Dimanche | 9 Aug 18:05 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

I can go through pages now, but I'm having the same black screen flash
problem when switching between pages.

On Aug 8, 11:31 pm, DJF <david.j.fl...@...> wrote:
> Im running into the same problem with 1.0.0 for Android, except I have
> a white screen between pages and I have black backgrounds.  I am
> running Android 2.3.3 on my phone and for the library.  I've tried
> various libraries ranging from 2.1 update 1 all the way to 3.2 and
> that did not make a difference.
>
> I've tried using href="home.html" and the window.location javascript.
> Both succesfully take me to the home page (or the respective page),
> but no matter what I get the white "flash" between pages.  Here is my
> script order on my html page:
>
> <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="javascript/
> phonegap-1.0.0.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="javascript/
> childbrowser.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
>
>         var childBrowser;
>
>         function onLoad() { // Initialiation Start
>
>     document.addEventListener("deviceready", onDeviceReady, false);
>          }
>
>         function onDeviceReady() {  // Required for initialization
>             document.addEventListener("menubutton", onMenuKeyDown, false);
>             document.addEventListener("pause", onPause, false);
>             document.addEventListener("resume", onResume, false);
>           }
>
>         function onMenuKeyDown() { // Required for menu button changes
>           }
>
>         function onPause(){ // Required for changes while leaving proram
>           }
>
>         function onResume(){ // Required for on return to program
>           }
>
>         function openChildBrowser(){
>                 window.plugins.childBrowser.showWebPage('http://testlink.com');
>           }
>
> </script>
>
> Any ideas?  If anything, if I could get that screen to be black
> instead of white, that would be fine with me.
>
> On Aug 5, 10:11 am, Dusty <iond...@...> wrote:
>

> > > You can assign window.location as ur HTML file.not sure if this is what u r looking for
>
> > I am assigning the window.location with the file and the page loads,
> > but before it loads the screen goes black.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Simon MacDonald | 11 Aug 17:42 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

We are aware of the issue:

https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-android/issues/194

The reason you see the black flash is that each page in your
application now loads a new DroidGap instance in order to display the
pages. This needed to be done for a number of technical reasons chief
among them is the main page of your app would be reloaded if you go
from page1.html to page2.html and then back to page1.html.  All of the
state you had in page1.html would be lost.

So, in summary we are looking into ways to fix the issue.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Dimanche <dimanchec3@...> wrote:
> I can go through pages now, but I'm having the same black screen flash
> problem when switching between pages.

> On Aug 8, 11:31 pm, DJF <david.j.fl...@...> wrote:
>> Im running into the same problem with 1.0.0 for Android, except I have
>> a white screen between pages and I have black backgrounds.  I am
>> running Android 2.3.3 on my phone and for the library.  I've tried
>> various libraries ranging from 2.1 update 1 all the way to 3.2 and
>> that did not make a difference.
>>
>> I've tried using href="home.html" and the window.location javascript.
>> Both succesfully take me to the home page (or the respective page),
>> but no matter what I get the white "flash" between pages.  Here is my
>> script order on my html page:
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="javascript/
>> phonegap-1.0.0.js"></script>
>> <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="javascript/
>> childbrowser.js"></script>
>> <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
>>
>>         var childBrowser;
>>
>>         function onLoad() { // Initialiation Start
>>
>>     document.addEventListener("deviceready", onDeviceReady, false);
>>          }
>>
>>         function onDeviceReady() {  // Required for initialization
>>             document.addEventListener("menubutton", onMenuKeyDown, false);
>>             document.addEventListener("pause", onPause, false);
>>             document.addEventListener("resume", onResume, false);
>>           }
>>
>>         function onMenuKeyDown() { // Required for menu button changes
>>           }
>>
>>         function onPause(){ // Required for changes while leaving proram
>>           }
>>
>>         function onResume(){ // Required for on return to program
>>           }
>>
>>         function openChildBrowser(){
>>                 window.plugins.childBrowser.showWebPage('http://testlink.com');
>>           }
>>
>> </script>
>>
>> Any ideas?  If anything, if I could get that screen to be black
>> instead of white, that would be fine with me.

>> > I am assigning the window.location with the file and the page loads,
>> > but before it loads the screen goes black.

> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Bryce Curtis | 12 Aug 17:43 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

This has been resolved with commit https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-android/commit/361a7aacc5ed1257e11d0c676a940188b7e7922d

You can get fix by downloading source from github and building or wait until the next release.

Bryce

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
DJF | 13 Aug 00:27 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

Hi Bryce,

That is fantastic.  Do you know approximately when the next release/
release candidate will be?

On Aug 12, 10:43 am, Bryce Curtis <curtis.br...@...> wrote:
> This has been resolved with
> commithttps://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-android/commit/361a7aacc5ed1257e...
> You can get fix by downloading source from github and building or wait until
> the next release.
>
> Bryce

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Bryce Curtis | 13 Aug 03:46 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

Probably the end of Sept.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
Dusty | 16 Aug 00:20 2011

Re: Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

Okay, so I created a new JAR from the git repository.

Now I have new issues. The flicker seems fixed except that it now doesn't find my secondary html page I've touched on. Then after it give me the error saying it can't find it, it then gives me all the dialog boxes that switching from 9.5.1 to anything later than 9.6 created.... e.g. missing plugins.xml.

Why can't it find the page now?

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
Simon MacDonald | 16 Aug 02:29 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

You have to copy res/XML/plugins.XML in the PhoneGap-android project to the res/XML directory in your app.

Simon

On Monday, August 15, 2011, Dusty <iondisc-BUHhN+a2lJ4@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Okay, so I created a new JAR from the git repository.
> Now I have new issues. The flicker seems fixed except that it now doesn't find my secondary html page I've touched on. Then after it give me the error saying it can't find it, it then gives me all the dialog boxes that switching from 9.5.1 to anything later than 9.6 created.... e.g. missing plugins.xml.
> Why can't it find the page now?

> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

--
Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
Dusty | 17 Aug 00:38 2011

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

I had the plugins.xml file there already. Although the older file didn't have the battery entry.

I'm still getting the prompts.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
Simon MacDonald | 22 Aug 22:22 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

Dusty,

Did you get this resolved? If not did you make sure to update the build path reference to be phonegap.1.0.0.jar?

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

I had the plugins.xml file there already. Although the older file didn't have the battery entry.

I'm still getting the prompts.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
Dusty Eskelson | 23 Aug 18:35 2011
Picon

Re: Android page transition/switching/loading

No I haven't resolve it. I have updated the build path, cleaned the project and rebuilt. Still comes up with prompts.

Regards,
Dusty Eskelson