rainvoice | 12 Aug 11:23 2011
Picon

Phonegap plugin on android?

For days i try to get any plugin working on android. First i wrote my
own plugin and tried to implement it in my android app and finally i
tried to get any plugin to work in a simlpe test-project. On IOS
everything works just fine but on android i can't get the javascript-
part to respond in any way.

i have no idea what's going wrong here, so i would appreciate any
piece of advice on this. Here you can find the test case:

http://trac.createweb.de/projects/androidplugin/browser/Trunk

Can anybody help me on this one please?

Thanks in advance

Rainer

bipin. sutariya | 12 Aug 14:56 2011
Picon

Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Hi,

I think issue is in plugins.xml file.

 <plugin name="ChildBrowser" value="com.phonegap.plugins.childBrowser"/

change this line to

 <plugin name="childBrowser"
value="com.phonegap.plugins.childBrowser.ChildBrowser"/>

and give a try.

On Aug 12, 2:23 pm, rainvoice <gm...@...> wrote:
> For days i try to get any plugin working on android. First i wrote my
> own plugin and tried to implement it in my android app and finally i
> tried to get any plugin to work in a simlpe test-project. On IOS
> everything works just fine but on android i can't get the javascript-
> part to respond in any way.
>
> i have no idea what's going wrong here, so i would appreciate any
> piece of advice on this. Here you can find the test case:
>
> http://trac.createweb.de/projects/androidplugin/browser/Trunk
>
> Can anybody help me on this one please?
>
> Thanks in advance

(Continue reading)

Simon MacDonald | 12 Aug 15:33 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Yes, I would say that is the problem.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Aug 12, 2:23 pm, rainvoice <gm...-70xcKvkQmZUbFoVRYvo4fw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> For days i try to get any plugin working on android. First i wrote my
> own plugin and tried to implement it in my android app and finally i
> tried to get any plugin to work in a simlpe test-project. On IOS
> everything works just fine but on android i can't get the javascript-
> part to respond in any way.
>
> i have no idea what's going wrong here, so i would appreciate any
> piece of advice on this. Here you can find the test case:
>
> http://trac.createweb.de/projects/androidplugin/browser/Trunk
>
> Can anybody help me on this one please?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rainer

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
rainer haage | 12 Aug 17:00 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Thanks Simon, thanks bipin,

Changed entry in plugins.xml from:
<plugin name="ChildBrowser"
value="com.phonegap.plugins.childBrowser.ChildBrowser"/>
to:
<plugin name="childBrowser"
value="com.phonegap.plugins.childBrowser.ChildBrowser"/>
Doesn't fix the problem, so i changed back, becaus the actual name of
the plugin is "ChildBrowser" (capital C).

commented out the line:
PluginManager.addService("ChildBrowser",
"com.phonegap.plugins.childBrowser.ChildBrowser");
Doesn't fix the problem.

I'm sure i'll bang my head at the wall as soon as i discover the bug,
but for now i'm still helpless.

--
createweb - Rainer Haage
Softwareentwicklung und Internetlösungen

www.createweb.de
mail@...
Fon: 033845 / 42301
Fax: 0721/151455965

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Nimish Nayak | 13 Aug 22:35 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Dont worry its not much of an issue will update the post there as soon as possible

Btw how to post your project to GitHub ?
git clone then git commit the project and git push ?

--
createweb - Rainer Haage
Softwareentwicklung und Internetlösungen

www.createweb.de
mail-70xcKvkQmZUbFoVRYvo4fw@public.gmane.org
Fon: 033845 / 42301
Fax: 0721/151455965

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
Nimish Nayak | 13 Aug 22:35 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Can i see your files ?

--
createweb - Rainer Haage
Softwareentwicklung und Internetlösungen

www.createweb.de
mail <at> createweb.de
Fon: 033845 / 42301
Fax: 0721/151455965

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
rainer at gmail | 14 Aug 14:49 2011

Am 13.08.2011 um 22:35 schrieb Nimish Nayak:

> Dont worry its not much of an issue will update the post there as soon as possible
>
> Btw how to post your project to GitHub ?
> git clone then git commit the project and git push ?

Never did something with git yet, so i'm sorry that i don't have any advice on that.

rainer haage | 12 Aug 15:49 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Thanks for your reply but this did not solve the problem. Any other
ideas on this?

--
createweb - Rainer Haage
Softwareentwicklung und Internetlösungen

www.createweb.de
mail@...
Fon: 033845 / 42301
Fax: 0721/151455965

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Simon MacDonald | 12 Aug 16:00 2011
Picon

Re: Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Comment out line 35 of your childbrowser.js.

Make line 19 of plugins.xml:

--
createweb - Rainer Haage
Softwareentwicklung und Internetlösungen

www.createweb.de
mail-70xcKvkQmZUbFoVRYvo4fw@public.gmane.org
Fon: 033845 / 42301
Fax: 0721/151455965

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com
bipin. sutariya | 12 Aug 16:00 2011
Picon

Re: Phonegap plugin on android?

Hey,

still there is problem in your xml file.

<plugin name="ChildBrowser"
value="com.phonegap.plugins.childBrowser.ChildBrowser"/>

change name = "ChildBrowser" to name = "childBrowser"

Please note "C" is in small.