Phil James | 10 Apr 23:33 2013
Picon

Missing cordova_plugins.json error when/testing in browser

Hi

I am using Phonegap to develop a Window 7 Phone app for a client and I have to be honest, I'm a little stumped.

I get a 404 error about cordova_plugin.json when I test/view the app I am developing in a desktop browser.

I have looked through everything that came with the PhoneGap download from their site and I can't find it anywhere.

Could someone please let me know what this is and how I can fix this error.

Thanks very much

Phil

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

ben tessier | 11 Apr 22:35 2013

Re: Missing cordova_plugins.json error when/testing in browser

Alright, we're in Android, but it's basically the same problem we were having, we could fix it hacking the cordova-2.6.0.js tweaking the ajax call from

 xhr.open('GET', 'cordova_plugins.json', true); // Async
to:
 xhr.open('GET', 'file:///cordova_plugins.json', true); // Async

-- for some reason, this file is created on the build and stored locally on the phone, so when using it externally it wouldn't be seen nor found on the server

I am using Phonegap to develop a Window 7 Phone app for a client and I have to be honest, I'm a little stumped.

I get a 404 error about cordova_plugin.json when I test/view the app I am developing in a desktop browser.

I have looked through everything that came with the PhoneGap download from their site and I can't find it anywhere.

Could someone please let me know what this is and how I can fix this error.

Thanks very much

Phil

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

ben tessier | 11 Apr 22:38 2013

Re: Missing cordova_plugins.json error when/testing in browser

oh, and in this case browser development wouldn't work!

I am using Phonegap to develop a Window 7 Phone app for a client and I have to be honest, I'm a little stumped.

I get a 404 error about cordova_plugin.json when I test/view the app I am developing in a desktop browser.

I have looked through everything that came with the PhoneGap download from their site and I can't find it anywhere.

Could someone please let me know what this is and how I can fix this error.

Thanks very much

Phil

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

nruiz | 14 Jun 16:02 2013

Re: Missing cordova_plugins.json error when/testing in browser

In Android, you can still have the file locally in /assets and override the request for it with  shouldInterceptRequest  method that works on Android SDK> 11. If you do this there is no need to edit cordova's javascript.

oh, and in this case browser development wouldn't work!

I am using Phonegap to develop a Window 7 Phone app for a client and I have to be honest, I'm a little stumped.

I get a 404 error about cordova_plugin.json when I test/view the app I am developing in a desktop browser.

I have looked through everything that came with the PhoneGap download from their site and I can't find it anywhere.

Could someone please let me know what this is and how I can fix this error.

Thanks very much

Phil

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Barrett Snyder | 12 Apr 19:36 2013
Picon

Re: Missing cordova_plugins.json error when/testing in browser

I am using Cordova to load an external site and it is trying to load cordova_plugins.json at the root domain of my site. This gives a 404 since I don't have this file and the build process did not generate one. I don't see anything in the upgrading to 2.6.0 documentation that mentions this file either. I had to manually change the path in the cordova.android.js as ben tessier mentioned, so it now points to a correct directory on my server and I had to put a dummy file in place to avoid getting 404's logged.

I am using Phonegap to develop a Window 7 Phone app for a client and I have to be honest, I'm a little stumped.

I get a 404 error about cordova_plugin.json when I test/view the app I am developing in a desktop browser.

I have looked through everything that came with the PhoneGap download from their site and I can't find it anywhere.

Could someone please let me know what this is and how I can fix this error.

Thanks very much

Phil

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Barrett Snyder | 12 Apr 22:55 2013
Picon

Re: Missing cordova_plugins.json error when/testing in browser

Turns out the dummy file was not a good idea since cordova doesn't appear to load plugins I defined in separate js file. I removed the dummy file and my custom plugins work again. I'm not sure if this is where custom plugin definitions are supposed to go now and if so what format they need to be defined in?