Oli Warner | 17 May 09:30 2013

Best way to wrap up an online webapp?

I apologise for asking a question that has undoubtedly been asked in different words a hundred thousand times before. I've tried searching but I appear to have lost my Google Mojo.

The company I work for has a mobile website (that streams video) and the company wants "an app" on iPhone and Android. I'm in the position where I can write something from scratch (and that's a whole lot of something to write) or we can use a WebView (et al) that just points to the existing site.

Is there a template for doing this already? I'm thinking some sort of splash screen while we check the network is up, and then push them off onto the mobile site.

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

To compile in the cloud, check out build.phonegap.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "phonegap" group.

Kerri Shotts | 17 May 17:53 2013
Picon

Re: Best way to wrap up an online webapp?

If you intend on using the app store for distribution, Apple will reject the app if it is just a wrapper. Convert the site so that it can run locally and use some of the features of iOS.

Sent from my phone.

___________________________________
Kerri Shotts
photoKandy Studios, LLC

[...]