Mike | 12 Aug 18:34 2009
Picon

Re: PDM Find String for multiple source files?

Ah... looks like FNDSTRPDM will work for me.

--
Mike Wills
Midrange Programmer/Analyst

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Mike <koldark@...> wrote:

> We are replacing an old application that is all but gone from the system. I
> am looking for the final remnants of this application and removing them. The
> find string function in PDM works for me, but browsing multiple files and
> libraries are a pain. Is there a way I can make this easier than go through
> every library one at at time? I am looking for either program names or file
> names within the source.
>
> Note: I know about software like Hawkeye that does this, but I am not
> looking to purchase software.
>
> --
> Mike Wills
> Midrange Programmer/Analyst
> http://mikewills.info
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikewills

Chris Wolcott | 13 Dec 17:54 2012
Picon

Re: PDM Find String for multiple source files?

I wrote a 'quickie' CL to use FNDSTRPDM to search for a string, but it will put
all the the results into a single spool file.

This object will search every member of every source file of specified language
type for the specified string.

I.E. call SchXXXSrc parm('TEST' 'CBL') will search every QCBLSRC file on the
system for members with the string 'TEST' in them. (Case insensitive.) All
members with the string will be listed in a spool file.

(Put SQL text in a source file named QSQLSRC somewhere where it can be found by
the program.)

You can find the code at the following URL:

sourceforge.net/projects/schxxxsrc/?source=directory