Martin Spencer | 15 Jun 17:41 2010
Picon

SRC B7005122 and System Board Replacement

Hi All

I have a 520 Power5+ here that I can't get the OS loaded on. I have 3 copies
of V5R3 but the last version I have was released in April of 2004.

The SRC is B7005122 which I think may be due to the firmware on the system
being too high for the firmware release on the installation media I have.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I had the same error on this system a few weeks ago and couldn't
proceed with the installation any further and to cut a long story short when
the memory

was removed the fan assembly caught the white clips and lifted the memory
slot off the board and ruined it. I have replaced the board and was
wondering (seeing as I have no OS yet) would I need a system bypass
password? The processor came with the board but I had to use the VPD card
(the tall thin card behind the front panel assembly) from the old board and
put it onto this new board.

Any thoughts or ideas greatly welcome

Chris Bipes | 15 Jun 18:48 2010

RE: SRC B7005122 and System Board Replacement

Your SRC is pointing to not finding the load source.  Are you IPLing off
of the D setting?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/index.jsp?topic
=/arebh/B7005122.htm

Do you have an HMC?  If not you may want to hook a computer up to the
HMC1 port and see if you can get to ASM page and see what is going on
there.  Power 5 HMC1 port defaults to 192.168.2.147  Once you have the
logon page up, you can see the server serial number  followed on the far
right, the firmware level  Something line SF240_xxx

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.
I have a 520 Power5+ here that I can't get the OS loaded on. I have 3
copies
of V5R3 but the last version I have was released in April of 2004.

The SRC is B7005122 which I think may be due to the firmware on the
system
(Continue reading)

DrFranken | 15 Jun 19:08 2010

Re: SRC B7005122 and System Board Replacement

Do you have V5R3M5?  You MUST have M5 for a POWER5+ or nothing in the
CEC will be recognized.

   - DrFranken
On 6/15/2010 12:48 PM, Chris Bipes wrote:
> Your SRC is pointing to not finding the load source.  Are you IPLing off
> of the D setting?
>
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/powersys/v3r1m5/index.jsp?topic
> =/arebh/B7005122.htm
>
> Do you have an HMC?  If not you may want to hook a computer up to the
> HMC1 port and see if you can get to ASM page and see what is going on
> there.  Power 5 HMC1 port defaults to 192.168.2.147  Once you have the
> logon page up, you can see the server serial number  followed on the far
> right, the firmware level  Something line SF240_xxx
>

> Chris Bipes
> Director of Information Services
> CrossCheck, Inc.

(Continue reading)

rob | 15 Jun 19:19 2010

Re: SRC B7005122 and System Board Replacement

Are you sure that 530 is supported on your model?
http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/upgrade/osmapping.html
I'm pretty sure that there was a 535 but the above chart does not mention
it.
And, some machines require 545 instead of 540.

See also "Resaves" at:
http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/resave/v5r4.html

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

I have a 520 Power5+ here that I can't get the OS loaded on. I have 3
copies
of V5R3 but the last version I have was released in April of 2004.

(Continue reading)

DrFranken | 15 Jun 19:06 2010

Re: SRC B7005122 and System Board Replacement

Do you have V5R3M5 or M0?  For a Power5+ you MUST Have M5 or nothing in
the system unit will be recognized outside the CPU and memory.

   - DrFranken