Charles Wilt | 6 Oct 20:35 2011
Picon

What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
#CGULIB
#DFULIB
#DSULIB
#LIBRARY
#SDALIB
#SEULIB

Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...

So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38 related...

Thanks!
Charles

Booth Martin | 6 Oct 20:49 2011

Re: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

It is Sys/36

--
Booth Martin
802-461-5349

Paul Nelson | 6 Oct 20:50 2011
Picon

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

It's a residual of the S/36 environment. If you have no S/36 code, you can
remove it.

Paul Nelson
Office 512-392-2577
Cell 708-670-6978
nelsonp@...

I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
#CGULIB
#DFULIB
#DSULIB
#LIBRARY
#SDALIB
#SEULIB

Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...

So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38
related...

(Continue reading)

rob | 7 Oct 20:55 2011

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

Confirmed.
DSPSFWRSC
Resource
   ID     Option  Feature  Description
5770SS1   5        5050    System/36 Environment
5770SS1   5        2924    System/36 Environment

WRKS36
Object      Type  Library
QS36ENV     *S36  #LIBRARY

S/36 environment values
S/36 environment  . . . . . . . . . . . :   #LIBRARY

S/36:
  Default session library . . . . . . . :
  Default files library . . . . . . . . :   QS36F

Rob Berendt

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to:  2505 Dekko Drive
          Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to:  Dock 108
          6928N 400E
          Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From:   "Paul Nelson" <nelsonp@...>
(Continue reading)

Rich Loeber | 6 Oct 20:55 2011

Re: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

   Charles,

   All of these libraries are used by the System/36 Execution Environment.
   If you have S36EE installed, they come with it.  They are used for various
   tasks specific to S36EE.

   Rich Loeber -  <at> richloeber
   Kisco Information Systems
   [1]http://www.kisco.com
   SDG

 I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

 And a production system with
 #CGULIB
 #DFULIB
 #DSULIB
 #LIBRARY
 #SDALIB
 #SEULIB

 Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...

 So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38 related...

 Thanks!
(Continue reading)

David Gibbs | 6 Oct 20:52 2011

Re: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

On 10/6/2011 1:35 PM, Charles Wilt wrote:
> I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

S/36 environment.

#LIBRARY is analogous to QSYS.

david

--
IBM i on Power - For when you can't afford to be out of business

Buddy McClean | 6 Oct 20:59 2011

Re: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

S34/S36 System Lib and program products lib

>>> Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@...> 10/6/2011 1:35 PM >>>
I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
#CGULIB
#DFULIB
#DSULIB
#LIBRARY
#SDALIB
#SEULIB

Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...

So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38 related...

Thanks!
Charles

Willie J. Moore | 6 Oct 21:06 2011

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

That library is left over from the S36 days.

William Moore
California Fine Wire
805-489-5144
wjmoore@...

I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
#CGULIB
#DFULIB
#DSULIB
#LIBRARY
#SDALIB
#SEULIB

Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...

So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38
related...

Thanks!
(Continue reading)

Nick_Radich | 6 Oct 21:09 2011

Re: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

Hi Charles,

It is for the S/36 Environment.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@...

I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
#CGULIB
#DFULIB
#DSULIB
#LIBRARY
#SDALIB
(Continue reading)

Chris Bipes | 6 Oct 20:59 2011

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

#library is the system s36 library.  On a new install the only object is qs46src.

--
Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services

I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
#CGULIB
#DFULIB
#DSULIB
#LIBRARY
#SDALIB
#SEULIB

Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...

So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38 related...

Charles Wilt | 6 Oct 21:29 2011
Picon

Re: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

Thanks to all!

Charles

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@...> wrote:
> I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...
>
> And a production system with
> #CGULIB
> #DFULIB
> #DSULIB
> #LIBRARY
> #SDALIB
> #SEULIB
>
> Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...
>
> So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38 related...
>
> Thanks!
> Charles

Bill Hopkins | 6 Oct 21:12 2011

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

Sorry for last post....

System Library on S/36 and so on S/38 , AS/400 , iSeries, i5, etc. used
for backwards compatibility of S/36 code.

Remember to use remove option in LICPGM menu not DLTLIB to get rid of
it. That is, if you do not have any code that needs it.

I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
#CGULIB
#DFULIB
#DSULIB
#LIBRARY
#SDALIB
#SEULIB

Google has been useless, as the # is ignored...

So what's the story behind #LIBRARY?  I'm thinking it's S36 or S38
related...

(Continue reading)

Jerry C. Adams | 6 Oct 21:35 2011
Picon

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

Charles,

As others have already pointed out, these are 36EE libraries.  What I wanted
to add is that #LIBRARY itself is pretty empty.  The real "meat" is in  the
QSSP library (why?  Don't know.).  Anyway, if you have that library and are
feeling masochistic, look in the QS36PRC source PF to see how the developers
(Dick Mustain comes to mind) wrote system procedures/commands (all
interpretive) for the 34 and 36.  Which is how a lot of us learned to write
flexible (but hairy) procedures back then.  Reminds me of some DOS and Unix
commands I've seen.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
We shall all be judged by history..and I shall write the history. -Winston
Churchill
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN

I've got a non-production system with a #LIBRARY library...

And a production system with
(Continue reading)

Paul Nelson | 6 Oct 22:00 2011
Picon

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

Wow. There's a name from the way-back machine.  :-))

Paul Nelson
Office 512-392-2577
Cell 708-670-6978
nelsonp@...

As others have already pointed out, these are 36EE libraries.  What I wanted
to add is that #LIBRARY itself is pretty empty.  The real "meat" is in  the
QSSP library (why?  Don't know.).  Anyway, if you have that library and are
feeling masochistic, look in the QS36PRC source PF to see how the developers
(Dick Mustain comes to mind) wrote system procedures/commands (all
interpretive) for the 34 and 36.  Which is how a lot of us learned to write
flexible (but hairy) procedures back then.  Reminds me of some DOS and Unix
commands I've seen.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
We shall all be judged by history..and I shall write the history. -Winston
Churchill

Bill Hopkins | 6 Oct 22:16 2011

RE: What's the purpose of the #LIBRARY library?

"POP" comes to mind now.