Laura | 5 Nov 23:52 2011
Picon

lircd not listening on specified udp port

Hello,

My HDHomeRun TV tuner forwards IR input to udp port 5000 on my MythTV box. Everything was working great with until I upgraded to Mythbuntu 11.10. Now I can't seem to get lirc to listen on a udp port:

root <at> mythtv-backend:/etc/init.d# lircd -H udp -d 5000
root <at> mythtv-backend:/etc/init.d# netstat -na | grep 5000
root <at> mythtv-backend:/etc/init.d#

I tried compiling lirc from source (and selecting driver:udp in the driver configuration menu), but it still doesn't work. Since I set up lirc ages ago, I'm wondering if there's an additional step I'm forgetting. From everything I've found online (such as http://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhomerun/instructions/mythtv/), the command should work.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Laura
RSA(R) Conference 2012
Save $700 by Nov 18
Register now
http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsa-sfdev2dev1
Laura | 6 Nov 04:50 2011
Picon

Re: lircd not listening on specified udp port

Figured it out! The updated lirc package overwrote my hardware.conf file, so I had to add the various arguments back:

#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Custom"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="udp"
REMOTE_DEVICE="5000"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="logitech/lircd.conf.logitech"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

:)

-Laura

RSA(R) Conference 2012