Clay Barnes | 4 Dec 21:13 2005
Picon

Sending Super/Meta4 Shifted Events

I have been struggling with sending events that are combinations with
the Super/Meta4/"Windows" key.  My syntax is

[...]
   begin
       remote = rm1000w
       button = prev
       repeat = 0
       config = Key mod4-comma CurrentWindow
   end
[...]

but I've tried Super_L- and meta4- as well.  Is there a way to cause
this shifting?  I am using a window manager with bindings that are all
in combination with the Super key (to avoid any possible collisions),
and I would like to use these shortcuts with my remote.  Is there some
way to send a key down event for the Super_L (or _R), the key, then the
key up event as a workaround?

-Clay

EC | 5 Dec 03:14 2005

Re: Sending Super/Meta4 Shifted Events

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 13:13:30 -0700
Clay Barnes <clay.barnes@...> wrote:

> I have been struggling with sending events that are combinations with
> the Super/Meta4/"Windows" key.  My syntax is
>
> [...]
>    begin
>        remote = rm1000w
>        button = prev
>        repeat = 0
>        config = Key mod4-comma CurrentWindow
>    end
> [...]

That is not correct lircrc syntax.  You need to have a "prog = <foo>"
entry to specify what program lirc passes the config string to.  Look
at http://lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format

I believe you can do what you are trying to with irxevent.  Look at its
manpage.

Clay Barnes | 5 Dec 13:46 2005
Picon

EC wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 13:13:30 -0700
>Clay Barnes <clay.barnes@...> wrote:
>

>>I have been struggling with sending events that are combinations with
>>the Super/Meta4/"Windows" key.  My syntax is
>>
>>[...]
>>   begin
>>       remote = rm1000w
>>       button = prev
>>       repeat = 0
>>       config = Key mod4-comma CurrentWindow
>>   end
>>[...]
>>

>That is not correct lircrc syntax.  You need to have a "prog = <foo>"
>entry to specify what program lirc passes the config string to.  Look
>at http://lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format
>
>I believe you can do what you are trying to with irxevent.  Look at its
>manpage.

EC | 6 Dec 23:31 2005

Re: Sending Super/Meta4 Shifted Events

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 05:46:42 -0700
Clay Barnes <clay.barnes@...> wrote:

>     begin
>         remote = rm1000w
>         button = next
>         prog = irxevent
>         repeat = 0
>         config = Key mod4-period CurrentWindow
>     end

look at
http://howto.gp.mines.edu/local-apps/lirc-0.7.1/doc/irxevent.keys as
well as /usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h, there is a list of valid lirc
keys. I see Meta_L and Meta_R, don't think mod4 is a valid descriptor.

Clay Barnes | 7 Dec 23:38 2005
Picon

EC wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 05:46:42 -0700
> Clay Barnes <clay.barnes@...> wrote:
>
>> begin
>> remote = rm1000w
>> button = next
>> prog = irxevent
>> repeat = 0
>> config = Key mod4-period CurrentWindow
>> end
>

> look at
> http://howto.gp.mines.edu/local-apps/lirc-0.7.1/doc/irxevent.keys as
> well as /usr/include/X11/keysymdef.h, there is a list of valid lirc
> keys. I see Meta_L and Meta_R, don't think mod4 is a valid descriptor.

The documentation seems to imply that mod(3|4)- and meta- should work :
In BNF this looks like:

LINE    = "config =" <KEY|BUTTON|XYKEY> <TARGET> |
          "config =" <KEY|BUTTON|XYKEY> "Focus" <TARGET>
XYKEY   = "xy_Key" <x_position> <y_position> <MOD><KEYSPEC>
KEY     = "Key" <MOD><KEYSPEC>
MOD     = ["shift-"]["numlock-"]["ctrl-"]["alt-"]["meta-"]
          ["numlock-"]["mod3-"]["mod4-"]["scrlock-"]
KEYSPEC = Keyname | "KeySym:"KeySym | "KeyCode:"KeyCode
BUTTON  = "Button" <1..5> <x_position> <y_position>