Kip Koon | 3 Aug 01:53 2012
Picon

Virus 'IDP.Program.D1B0A5C0' Detected In 'CocoDiskUtilityPack v1.0.10.Zip' During Install

I downloaded the newest CocoDskUtilPack V 1.0.10.zip, unzipped it with 7-zip
and click setup.  The latest version of AVG Internet Security 2012 found the
'IDP.Program.D1B0A5C0' virus.  Could someone please double check this
please?  I tried installing V1.1.3, but all I got was a bunch of dialogs in
Spanish.  Unfortunately, I can't understand Spanish.  Could someone check
this out too?  I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise.  Thank a bunch.

Kip

Stephen H. Fischer | 3 Aug 02:36 2012
Picon

Re: Virus 'IDP.Program.D1B0A5C0' Detected In'CocoDiskUtilityPack v1.0.10.Zip' During Install

Hi,

I checked the 'CocoDiskUtilityPack v1.0.10.Zip' and Microsoft Security
Essentials found no problems. I unzipped the file using 7Zip and again
tested with Microsoft Security Essentials. No problem.

I also compared the zip with one that I downloaded 2/16/2012 and it matched.

I ditched AVG Internet Security long ago for many problems.

I did run v1.0.10 for a while, it looked generally OK and did work.

> I got was a bunch of dialogs in
> Spanish.

YES, this is correct. That's part of the reason that it is a Beta.

One of the tasks we English writers need to help with is the English
documentation including the English help file.

Luis has done great software, we users of his software need to help.

If you are interested only in looking at DECB disks, then stay with V1.0.10
for now.

If you wish to look at OS-9 disks, then help us with the beta and report
bugs found.

(Continue reading)

Kip Koon | 3 Aug 03:45 2012
Picon

Re: Virus 'IDP.Program.D1B0A5C0' Detected In 'CocoDiskUtilityPack v1.0.10.Zip' During Install

Thank you.  I do understand beta which was one reason I wanted to run the
software.  I'm look up the snipping tool.  I've seen problems in the past
with Norton, McAfee, and now AVG.  Which Internet Security Package would you
recommend me change to?
Kip