Linda Golff | 10 Dec 23:12 2010
Picon

WARNING: Failed to register in JMX:

I am using Tomcat6.0.26 - packaged with recent upgrade to Fedora 2.6.35.9-64
fc 14 x86-64.

 When I start Tomcat I get this error message:

INFO: Deploying= web application directory XXXXX
Dec 10, 2010 4:35:17 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.
NamingContextListener addResource

WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not
create resource factory instance [Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory]

I have Goggled the error (warning) no real help there, I have modified the
context.xml in the conf directory, I have checked .jar files in
$CATALINA_HOME/lib and found commons-dbcp.jar missing so copied it from
/usr/share/java and still i get the warning.  I am able to access static
content, unable to access anything connecting to the database.  I would
appreciate any assistance. I have been trying to resolve this issue for 3
days.

LG
Pid * | 11 Dec 01:03 2010

Re: WARNING: Failed to register in JMX:

On 10 Dec 2010, at 22:12, Linda Golff <lgolff <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Tomcat6.0.26 - packaged with recent upgrade to Fedora 2.6.35.9-64
> fc 14 x86-64.

Maybe the package is broken.

What happens if you uninstall it and use a Tomcat downloaded from apache.org?