mario@geosar.ch | 4 Jan 13:27 2011
Picon

Tomcat7 with mod_jk

Hello,
why I get this error:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig

with tomcat6 this worked:
<Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
         modJk="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so"
         workersConfig="/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties"/>

Is changend something in tomcat7

Thanks
Mario
Rainer Jung | 4 Jan 13:36 2011
Picon

Re: Tomcat7 with mod_jk

Hi,

On 04.01.2011 13:27, mario <at> geosar.ch wrote:
> Hello,
> why I get this error:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig
>
> with tomcat6 this worked:
> <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
> modJk="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so"
> workersConfig="/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties"/>
>
> Is changend something in tomcat7

That listener was only used to generate automatic mod_jk configurations 
from Tomcat deployments. After starting Tomcat the config was written 
out and you had to manually copy it into your Apache/mod_jk installation.

The config which was generated that way never was really production 
ready. It worked, but not more. Therefore the use of this listener is 
not recommended and at least I think it is OK if it is no longer working 
with TC 7.

For a good starting point for a production configurations of mod_jk have 
a look at the exampe configuration contained in the source tarball of 
mod_jk version 1.2.31.

Regards,

Rainer
(Continue reading)

Mark Thomas | 4 Jan 13:41 2011
Picon

Re: Tomcat7 with mod_jk

On 04/01/2011 12:36, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On 04.01.2011 13:27, mario <at> geosar.ch wrote:
>> Hello,
>> why I get this error:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig
>>
>> with tomcat6 this worked:
>> <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
>> modJk="/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so"
>> workersConfig="/usr/local/apache2/conf/workers.properties"/>
>>
>> Is changend something in tomcat7
> 
> That listener was only used to generate automatic mod_jk configurations
> from Tomcat deployments. After starting Tomcat the config was written
> out and you had to manually copy it into your Apache/mod_jk installation.
> 
> The config which was generated that way never was really production
> ready. It worked, but not more. Therefore the use of this listener is
> not recommended and at least I think it is OK if it is no longer working
> with TC 7.

It is more than just not working, that is part of the pre-Coyote AJP
connector that has been completely removed in Tomcat 7. Tomcat 7 just
ships with the Coyote (BIO and APR) implementations for AJP.

Mark
(Continue reading)

Rainer Jung | 4 Jan 14:12 2011
Picon

Re: Tomcat7 with mod_jk

On 04.01.2011 13:41, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 04/01/2011 12:36, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> That listener was only used to generate automatic mod_jk configurations
>> from Tomcat deployments. After starting Tomcat the config was written
>> out and you had to manually copy it into your Apache/mod_jk installation.
>>
>> The config which was generated that way never was really production
>> ready. It worked, but not more. Therefore the use of this listener is
>> not recommended and at least I think it is OK if it is no longer working
>> with TC 7.
>
> It is more than just not working, that is part of the pre-Coyote AJP
> connector that has been completely removed in Tomcat 7. Tomcat 7 just
> ships with the Coyote (BIO and APR) implementations for AJP.

Ah, right. Forgot about the listener being part of the removed 
connector, but from the package name I could have remembered ...

Thanks,

Rainer

Gmane