omer | 25 Apr 16:37 2012
Picon

new with clojure, need help!

hello im need to learn how to use clojure and how it works,
i found some videos the helped me a bit to understand how clojure works,
but i need a more basic guidence on how to install the nessecery plugins
to eclipse, and what to do with them...
any tutorial will do! thats...
p.s. im using windows and i need to learn how to operate it for a course in "programing languge pricipals"...

John Gabriele | 26 Apr 22:33 2012
Picon

Re: new with clojure, need help!

On Apr 25, 10:37 am, omer <omeryco... <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> hello im need to learn how to use clojure and how it works,
> i found some videos the helped me a bit to understand how clojure works,
> but i need a more basic guidence on how to install the nessecery plugins
> to eclipse, and what to do with them...
> any tutorial will do! thats...
> p.s. im using windows and i need to learn how to operate it for a course in
> "programing languge pricipals"...

Hi omer,

At <http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Home> there's links on the left
under "Getting Started" that might be of use to you.

---John

Guofeng Zhang | 27 Apr 07:23 2012

RE: new with clojure, need help!

See if the following is helpful:

http://dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started+with+Eclipse+and+Counterclockwise

hello im need to learn how to use clojure and how it works,

i found some videos the helped me a bit to understand how clojure works,

but i need a more basic guidence on how to install the nessecery plugins

to eclipse, and what to do with them...

any tutorial will do! thats...

p.s. im using windows and i need to learn how to operate it for a course in "programing languge pricipals"...

Bill Robertson | 30 Apr 16:27 2012
Picon

Re: new with clojure, need help!

Hello,

I put together a presentation that will help you.

http://www.tekbot.com/clojure-simple-start.pdf

It teaches you a few things for working with the repl that will help
you whether or not you're working with Emacs, Eclipse etc... It also
discusses a little bit about using leiningen, which is a really nice
gateway to starting with Clojure.

There is a little bit of discussion on it here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Clojure/comments/qmwll/start_learning_clojure_now_slides_from_my_talk_at/

Please forgive the typos in the document. I just realized that I
corrected the ones that I know about, but I didn't upload the new
version.

-Bill

On Apr 25, 10:37 am, omer <omeryco... <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> hello im need to learn how to use clojure and how it works,
> i found some videos the helped me a bit to understand how clojure works,
> but i need a more basic guidence on how to install the nessecery plugins
> to eclipse, and what to do with them...
> any tutorial will do! thats...
> p.s. im using windows and i need to learn how to operate it for a course in
> "programing languge pricipals"...

Rostislav Svoboda | 6 May 01:51 2012
Picon

Re: new with clojure, need help!

> i need a more basic guidence on how to install the nessecery plugins
> to eclipse, and what to do with them...

eclipse IDE may look like a good idea but in the beginning it just
increases the amount of work you need to do and troubles you need to
overcome. Just start with the REPL and any reasonably simple text
editor. Then, after you gain some skills, you may try to use eclipse
with ccw, but the chances are high you gonna end up using "only" vim
or emacs

Bost

Jim - FooBar(); | 6 May 02:16 2012

On 06/05/12 00:51, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
>> i need a more basic guidence on how to install the nessecery plugins
>> to eclipse, and what to do with them...
> eclipse IDE may look like a good idea but in the beginning it just
> increases the amount of work you need to do and troubles you need to
> overcome. Just start with the REPL and any reasonably simple text
> editor. Then, after you gain some skills, you may try to use eclipse
> with ccw, but the chances are high you gonna end up using "only" vim
> or emacs
>
> Bost

Also if you're on ubuntu or something a pretty basic but nice setup
would be simply gedit with an embedded terminal where your repl will
be...personally that is what i do - keep things nice and simple...you
may want to keep a second repl open for testing...it's up to you
really...of course learning emacs or vim will benefit you in the long run...

as an aside  - have you had a look at clooj? It might be exactly what
you need...

Jim

Roberto Mannai | 6 May 10:33 2012

If you're also planning to try Emacs: http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/codesounding/2012/04/14/installing-and-configuring-emacs-24-for-clojure-updated/