Jamie Raut | 27 Sep 20:25 2011
Picon

Ever consider support for JBoss AS7?

Hi all. Please ignore if you have no interest in JBoss deployments. I realize that Sonar is only supported on Tomcat and Jetty but thought I'd give this a go anyway. Just wondering if anyone was successful in deploying the WAR-packaged Sonar on JBoss AS7. I'm getting an error on deploy:

{"Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" => ["jboss.persistenceunit.\"sonar.war#sonar\" missing [ jboss.data-source.java:/ ]"]}}}

This is very similar to an error someone hit when trying to deploy jBPM on JBoss AS7. See blog post here:

The same WAR file deploys just fine on Tomcat. I'm hoping that since Tomcat and JBoss are closely related we might have support for JBoss in future.

Cheers,

Jamie

Patrick Mahoney | 27 Feb 01:43 2012

Re: Ever consider support for JBoss AS7?

Jamie Raut <raut <at> ...> writes:

> Just wondering if anyone was successful in deploying the WAR-packaged Sonar on
JBoss AS7. I'm getting an error on deploy:
> {"Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" =>
{"Operation step-2" => {"Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" =>
["jboss.persistenceunit.\"sonar.war#sonar\" missing [ jboss.data-source.java:/
]"]}}}

Jamie, I had luck deploying Sonar to JBoss AS7 by disabling the JPA module in
JBoss.  Seems that by default, JBoss sniffs out any "persistence.xml" file on
the classpath and attempt to configure Hibernate.

See http://polycrystal.org/2012/02/26/deploying_sonar_to_jboss_as7.html

Gmane