Sven Panko | 19 Apr 13:57 2010
Picon

Recurring problems with the Sonar Maven plugin

Hi all,

since I upgraded Sonar to 2.0 I experience a lot of problems concerning
the Maven Sonar plugin. Once or twice a week our report generation
(triggered by Hudson) fails, because the plugin cannot be found. I get
this well-known exception:

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-sonar-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found

But let's get back to the beginning - here is my setup:
* a Hudson CI server (1.354) that periodically triggers builds of our
projects
* the Hudson Sonar plugin (1.5) is used to periodically build reports
for these projects (usually three times a day at fixed times)
* we use a central Maven repository for our company (Artifactory 2.2)
and I configured it to use our Sonar instance as one of the Maven
repositories that it mirrors
* we use a cusom settings.xml (company-wide) that routes all requests to
our repository and allows release-only resolution for plugins and 3rd
party dependencies
* Maven version in use: 2.2.1
* Java version is 1.6 Update 18

Here is what I tried to get rid of the problem:
* deleted .m2/repository/org/codehaus/mojo -> didn't help
* deleted .m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins -> didn't help
* restarted Hudson and restarted Sonar -> didn't help
* tried to run sonar manually from the command line -> didn't help
(Continue reading)

Freddy Mallet | 19 Apr 14:09 2010
Picon

Re: Recurring problems with the Sonar Maven plugin

Hi Sven,

You're certainly facing an issue which relates to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4001 (see Sonar FAQ [1]).

Have you got the necessary rights to delete the "org\codehaus\mojo" directory into your central Artifactory Maven Repository ? This might solve your issue.

Hope it helps,
Freddy

Freddy Mallet
www.SonarSource.org
www.SonarSource.com
http://twitter.com/FreddyMallet

[...]

* upgraded Maven to 3.0 alpha 6 -> didn't help (reverted afterwards to 2.2.1)
* applied -U parameter inside Hudson to force update search (should be -cpu I think, but I tried both) -> didn't help

The strange thing is: after some time, I might get the system back to work with one of the abovementioned steps, but I am unable to cleary reproduce the step every time to get rid of the problem.

Does anyone else experience this kind of problem? If so, how did you solve it?

Regards

Sven

Sven Panko | 19 Apr 14:45 2010
Picon

Re: Recurring problems with the Sonar Maven plugin

Hi Freddy,

thank you! It helped - that was the one thing I didn't try...

- Sven