Re: Review Request: Add submenu support to QML shutdown dialog.
Konstantinos Smanis <konstantinos.smanis <at> gmail.com>
2012-07-14 19:33:58 GMT
On July 14th, 2012, 12:18 p.m., Konstantinos Smanis wrote:
My QML knowledge is too limited to review your code, but I tested your patch and have the following remarks to make:
1) There is some flickering when hovering a menu item. Dunno if it has to do with my theme (tried Oxygen + Caledonia).
2) There is no proper '&' escaping. Ampersands are falsely treated as keyboard accelerators (the old code provisioned for this). A double ampersand is shown as a single.
3) When the menu item's text is small (~4-5 characters), the arrow is shown very close to the text.
The core functionality seems to be fine, I onlyn noticed the above GUI issues.
On July 14th, 2012, 12:23 p.m., Konstantinos Smanis wrote:
This is how it looks like over here with Oxygen: http://i46.tinypic.com/2m47rrm.png
On July 14th, 2012, 6:54 p.m., Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
I do not see any flickering here. However, I disable several Oxygen effects here to improve performance, maybe one of them is causing your problem.
Actually the flickering occurs even without the patch (but it's not that noticeable). It doesn't have to do with this specific patch.
On July 14th, 2012, 6:53 p.m., Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
Review request for KDE Runtime and Konstantinos Smanis.
By Lamarque Vieira Souza.
Updated July 14, 2012, 6:53 p.m.
Add support to show submenus in the new QML shutdown dialog. I think this patch can be improved, the GUI too. When I have more time I will go back to improve it, until there you can send suggestions.
The patch assumes rebootOptions now contains strings like:
submenu1 > subentry 1.1
submenu1 > subentry 1.2
submenu2 > subentry 2.1
submenu2 > subsubmenu 1 > subsubentry 2.1.1
The character '>' is the separator for submenus.
Submenus are created and it emits rebootRequested2 signal with the correct index.
- ksmserver/themes/default/ContextMenu.qml (6f2f1fd)
- ksmserver/themes/default/MenuItem.qml (74bb03f)
- ksmserver/themes/default/main.qml (7e78761)