Andy Esten | 17 Aug 15:57 2007
Picon

Configuration is overwritten with defaults

Hello list,

I am a frequent user of Tellico and untill yesterday everything was working
fine.

Yesterday I installed Fedora Core 7 with Tellico and now everytime I start
Tellico it overwrites the configuration (tellicorc) file with defaults.

Is this a known problem? I tested this with version 1.2.10 (from Core 7) and
with the tar archive from the Tellico site and both show this problem.

Thanx anyone!

Andy Esten
Vitor M. Pereira | 17 Aug 17:07 2007
Picon

Re: Configuration is overwritten with defaults

Hi

On Friday 17 August 2007, Andy Esten wrote:
> Yesterday I installed Fedora Core 7 with Tellico and now everytime
> I start Tellico it overwrites the configuration (tellicorc) file
> with defaults.

Unfortunately this is a problem with the tellico rpm for Fedora 7.
I've seen it happening to many users who upgraded to F7.

See below a previous message with a temporary workaround.

> Is this a known problem? I tested this with version 1.2.10 (from
> Core 7) and with the tar archive from the Tellico site and both
> show this problem.

Ah. So even installing from source has the same issue. I was wondering
about that. So probably it means there is something broken in KConfig
in Fedora 7.

Vitor.

Op vrijdag 17 augustus 2007, schreef Vitor M. Pereira:
> Unfortunately this is a problem with the tellico rpm for Fedora 7.
> I've seen it happening to many users who upgraded to F7.
>
> See below a previous message with a temporary workaround.

Thanks for your reply. The workaround works.

> Ah. So even installing from source has the same issue. I was wondering
> about that. So probably it means there is something broken in KConfig
> in Fedora 7.

Indeed something could be wrong with the Fedora version of KConfig. I had not
considderd this yet. I will try to compile Tellico with the original kde libs
to see if this solves the problem.

Andy

Gmane