Steve Hinrichs | 22 Sep 20:31 2010

Re: How to Set Java Version

Ken,

Which version of java 6 are you trying to use?  I would recommend license option 11, Java SE 6 32 bit.  License
option 10 for Java 6 (classic) does not exist at V7R1.

Documentation states that java.version=1.6 is ignored.  The JDK version is determined from the value of
the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

AddEnvVar EnvVar('JAVA_HOME') Value('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit')
Level(*SYS) Replace(*Yes)

Another option is you can remove other instances of the java license program and it will default to what is available.

Hope that helps.

Steve

_______________

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this
message and delete this e-mail immediately.

Alex Pinsky | 22 Sep 20:39 2010

RE: How to Set Java Version

After you add environment variable go to qsh and type java -version

Make sure it displays something like this:
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05)
Classic VM (build 1.5, build JDK-1.5, native threads, jitc_de)
$

Of course in your case it should say 1.6 :-)

Alex

Which version of java 6 are you trying to use?  I would recommend
license option 11, Java SE 6 32 bit.  License option 10 for Java 6
(classic) does not exist at V7R1.

Documentation states that java.version=1.6 is ignored.  The JDK version
is determined from the value of the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

AddEnvVar EnvVar('JAVA_HOME')
Value('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit')
(Continue reading)

Ken | 22 Sep 21:02 2010

RE: How to Set Java Version

Well that is an improvement, after exporting the variable (thanks steve)
it does show 1.6 at the green screen prompt and in qshell... but
not in the app server.

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 14:39 -0400, Alex Pinsky wrote:

> After you add environment variable go to qsh and type java -version
>
> Make sure it displays something like this:
> java version "1.5.0"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05)
> Classic VM (build 1.5, build JDK-1.5, native threads, jitc_de)
> $
>
> Of course in your case it should say 1.6 :-)
>
> Alex

Joe Sam Shirah | 22 Sep 20:45 2010
Picon

Re: How to Set Java Version

> Another option is you can remove other instances of the java license
> program and it will default to what is available.

    Yep.  I always wonder why more people don't just do that.  I realize
there was some software that declared it needed a specific version (usually
1.4.2 if I recall correctly,) but if you're at 1.5 or above...

                                                         Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -        http://www.conceptgo.com
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:       http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/
Just the JDBC FAQs: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JDBC
Going International?    http://www.jguru.com/faq/I18N
Que Java400?            http://www.jguru.com/faq/Java400