GARY | 21 Nov 05:04 2012
Picon

[dart-misc] New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

The following error appear, while I try to run the dart application in Dartium:

       java.io.IOException: Timed out trying to connect to Dartium
       Timed out trying to connect to Dartium

Also, I can not do the pub installation, the system is always hanging without any response while I create the new web application and then do the pub install.


os: window 7 64bits


Thanks for any feedback

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Steven | 21 Nov 06:29 2012
Picon

[dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

I am experiencing almost the same problem.  Any Dartium project fails to run with the same timed out error.  This problem just started with the last update  0.2.4_r15130.  Win 7 64bit


It looks like my pub install runs completely (it says it has), but any project that has a package dependency fails to to run "Unable to open file … library handler failed import".  This problem started with last week's update.

Any suggestions to get working again would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Keerti Parthasarathy | 21 Nov 06:55 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Try deleting the pub cache located in AppData\Roaming\Pub\Cache and then run pub install.


On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Steven <smdoviak-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I am experiencing almost the same problem.  Any Dartium project fails to run with the same timed out error.  This problem just started with the last update  0.2.4_r15130.  Win 7 64bit

It looks like my pub install runs completely (it says it has), but any project that has a package dependency fails to to run "Unable to open file … library handler failed import".  This problem started with last week's update.

Any suggestions to get working again would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 



--
Keerti

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Steven | 21 Nov 08:47 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Keerti, Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately this did not help.


On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:55:39 PM UTC-7, Keerti Parthasarathy wrote:
Try deleting the pub cache located in AppData\Roaming\Pub\Cache and then run pub install.


On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Steven <smdo...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I am experiencing almost the same problem.  Any Dartium project fails to run with the same timed out error.  This problem just started with the last update  0.2.4_r15130.  Win 7 64bit

It looks like my pub install runs completely (it says it has), but any project that has a package dependency fails to to run "Unable to open file … library handler failed import".  This problem started with last week's update.

Any suggestions to get working again would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 



--
Keerti

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Vadim Tsushko | 21 Nov 09:44 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Pub does not work for me too in this build.
To narrow it down I've removed AppData\Roaming\Pub directory and run pub install from command line in application directory.
Pub hangs up interminably without any messages.  It responses to Ctrl-C though and ends gracefully, without coredumps.
So it behave in packages with external dependency (namely objectory, whith git dependency from mongo_dart)
In mongo_dart which has dependencies only from sdk packages pub runs successfully.
If package has no git dependency but dependency from pub.dartlang.org pub hangs too.
I've filed http://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=6843

Vadim.

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Ali Akbar | 21 Nov 09:59 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Same Issue.  Tried with the latest update.  


Theres a bug recently filed by someone for this: Issue 6842
You might want to follow it

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:47:28 AM UTC+3, Steven wrote:
Keerti, Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately this did not help.


On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:55:39 PM UTC-7, Keerti Parthasarathy wrote:
Try deleting the pub cache located in AppData\Roaming\Pub\Cache and then run pub install.


On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Steven <smdo...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I am experiencing almost the same problem.  Any Dartium project fails to run with the same timed out error.  This problem just started with the last update  0.2.4_r15130.  Win 7 64bit

It looks like my pub install runs completely (it says it has), but any project that has a package dependency fails to to run "Unable to open file … library handler failed import".  This problem started with last week's update.

Any suggestions to get working again would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 



--
Keerti

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Vincent Gadoury | 21 Nov 16:15 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Hi,

I had the "java.io.IOException: Timed out trying to connect to Dartium" issue. I didn't notice anyway pub or package problem.

I updated to  0.2.4.2_r15130 now and I logged out and disabled all extensions in Chromium and now everything seems to works fine!


On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:59:10 AM UTC-5, Ali Akbar wrote:
Same Issue.  Tried with the latest update.  

Theres a bug recently filed by someone for this: Issue 6842
You might want to follow it

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:47:28 AM UTC+3, Steven wrote:
Keerti, Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately this did not help.


On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:55:39 PM UTC-7, Keerti Parthasarathy wrote:
Try deleting the pub cache located in AppData\Roaming\Pub\Cache and then run pub install.


On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Steven <smdo...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I am experiencing almost the same problem.  Any Dartium project fails to run with the same timed out error.  This problem just started with the last update  0.2.4_r15130.  Win 7 64bit

It looks like my pub install runs completely (it says it has), but any project that has a package dependency fails to to run "Unable to open file … library handler failed import".  This problem started with last week's update.

Any suggestions to get working again would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 



--
Keerti

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Steven | 21 Nov 16:35 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Disabling all extensions fixed the java.io.IOException for me.

Also was able to get pub working by deleting all Dart editor’s setting files in the <user's home directory>\DartEditor. 

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Devon Carew | 21 Nov 16:41 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Hey all, it looks like we did have an issue launching when extensions were installed into Dartium. You can either update to the latest continuous build to fix this, or work around the issue by disabling extensions in Dartium/Chromium. The continuous builds can be found here: http://gsdview.appspot.com/dart-editor-archive-continuous/latest/

Devon



On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Steven <smdoviak-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

Disabling all extensions fixed the java.io.IOException for me.

Also was able to get pub working by deleting all Dart editor’s setting files in the <user's home directory>\DartEditor. 

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 



--
Devon Carew
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
GARY | 22 Nov 02:59 2012
Picon

[dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

After install the latest build "Dart Editor version 0.1.2_r15233", there is no problem to run application in Dartium.

but pub installtion still hang up.

Any suggestions to get working again would be appreciated.


os: window 7 64bits


GARY於 2012年11月21日星期三UTC+8下午12時04分51秒寫道:
The following error appear, while I try to run the dart application in Dartium:

       java.io.IOException: Timed out trying to connect to Dartium
       Timed out trying to connect to Dartium

Also, I can not do the pub installation, the system is always hanging without any response while I create the new web application and then do the pub install.


os: window 7 64bits


Thanks for any feedback

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
GARY | 22 Nov 05:14 2012
Picon

[dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

 I find a work around solution. if I manually add pubspec.lock file to the same directory of pubspec.yaml,then pub install/update will be ok!


 I don't know why ?

os:window 7 64bits

GARY於 2012年11月22日星期四UTC+8上午9時59分11秒寫道:
After install the latest build "Dart Editor version 0.1.2_r15233", there is no problem to run application in Dartium.
but pub installtion still hang up.

Any suggestions to get working again would be appreciated.


os: window 7 64bits


GARY於 2012年11月21日星期三UTC+8下午12時04分51秒寫道:
The following error appear, while I try to run the dart application in Dartium:

       java.io.IOException: Timed out trying to connect to Dartium
       Timed out trying to connect to Dartium

Also, I can not do the pub installation, the system is always hanging without any response while I create the new web application and then do the pub install.


os: window 7 64bits


Thanks for any feedback

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Vadim Tsushko | 22 Nov 07:54 2012
Picon

[dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

With  pubspec.lock pub have chance just check somehow that all is in packages directory already and do nothing with regard to installing whatever from net. So there is no hang up.

I quess pub on youor system would hang on pub update though (do not do this, it probably will ruin your pub cach) .
My bug is triaged with high priority so I'm hoping for actual fix to this situation.

Vadim

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Bob Nystrom | 26 Nov 23:56 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

I'm catching up on stuff after my Thanksgiving vacation. My suspicion is that there are a couple of unrelated issues going on.

Just to confirm, Vadim is pub working fine for you now? If so, I'll look into the lock file stuff as a separate issue.

Also, is anyone having pub issues that is not on Windows?

Thanks, I'll figure out what's going on here.

- bob

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM, Vadim Tsushko <vadimtsushko-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
With  pubspec.lock pub have chance just check somehow that all is in packages directory already and do nothing with regard to installing whatever from net. So there is no hang up.
I quess pub on youor system would hang on pub update though (do not do this, it probably will ruin your pub cach) .
My bug is triaged with high priority so I'm hoping for actual fix to this situation.

Vadim

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Vadim Tsushko | 27 Nov 04:59 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Hi, Bob.

I've downgraded to r14669 and after that pub started to work for me.
Pub in r15130 still does not work in my environment.

Best regards, Vadim

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
James Ots | 27 Nov 09:46 2012

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

I had problems with pub in Linux, so created this defect report a few days ago: http://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=6847

On 26 November 2012 22:56, Bob Nystrom <rnystrom-hpIqsD4AKlfQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Also, is anyone having pub issues that is not on Windows?

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Bob Nystrom | 28 Nov 21:46 2012
Picon

Re: [dart-misc] Re: New Dart Editor build 0.2.4.1_r15130

Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Cheers!

- bob

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM, James Ots <me-gbGOnP0mhOhWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I had problems with pub in Linux, so created this defect report a few days ago: http://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=6847


On 26 November 2012 22:56, Bob Nystrom <rnystrom-hpIqsD4AKlfQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> wrote:
Also, is anyone having pub issues that is not on Windows?

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
 
 
Eric Clayberg | 27 Nov 21:03 2012
Picon

[dart-misc] New Dart Editor build 0.2.6.0_r15355

A new Dart Editor build is available at www.dartlang.org/editor. Changes include:
  • New Clean-Up to rename Element.elements to Element.children.
  • New Clean-Up to remove return type and name in function literal.
  • New "Convert Getter to Method" refactoring and Quick Assist action.
  • New Clean-Up to rename File.readAsText to File.readAsString.
  • New "Surround With..." Quick Assist.
  • UX changes and improvements in the Manage Launches dialog.
Breaking Change List:
      • dart:core changes
        • Exception constructor is no longer const, and usage is discouraged.
        • NullPointerException has been removed. Throwing null now throws NullThrownError. Accessing non-existing members on null throws NoSuchMethodError (Null just inherits noSuchMethod from Object).
      • dart:html changes
        • Element.elements has been deprecated in favor of Element.children.
      • dart:svg changes
        • Most SVG types will have their prefixes removed. So SVGFontElement will become FontElement. This does introduce some overlap with dart:html names, it’s recommend using "import 'dart:svg' as svg;" if you're mixing dart:html and SVG.
        • All dart:svg names will be 'Dartified' to have proper camel-casing. SVGFEDropShadowElement is now FEDropShadowElement.
        • SVGDocument, SVGElement and SVGSVGElement unfortunately will not immediately have their prefixes renamed as they require a much more significant refactoring to do so. They have been camel-cased though (to SvgElement, SvgSvgElement, etc).
      • dart:io changes
        • dart:io File.readAsText renamed to File.readAsString and File.readAsTextSync renamed to File.readAsStringSync.
                          And as always, view the changelog for the full list of changes, and to get started with the Editor see our tutorial.

                          --
                          Eric Clayberg
                          Dart Editor Team
                          Google, Inc.

                          --
                          Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart
                           
                           

                          Gmane