Johannes Waldmann | 20 Aug 15:19 2012
Picon

Wanted: Haskell binding for libbdd (buddy)

Are there any Haskell bindings for BDD libraries
(reduced ordered binary decision diagrams)?

E.g., it seems "buddy" is commonly used
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libbdd-dev
and it has an Ocaml binding.

Yes, there is http://hackage.haskell.org/package/obdd
but I need better performance (with the same API, ideally).

Thanks - J.W.

PS: I wonder where performance goes out the window  ...
I suspect  "Map (Int,Int) whatever" should really be
a hashtable but I don't like it in IO, it should be in ST?

Serguey Zefirov | 20 Aug 16:49 2012
Picon

Re: Wanted: Haskell binding for libbdd (buddy)

2012/8/20 Johannes Waldmann <waldmann <at> imn.htwk-leipzig.de>:
> Are there any Haskell bindings for BDD libraries
> (reduced ordered binary decision diagrams)?
>
> E.g., it seems "buddy" is commonly used
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libbdd-dev
> and it has an Ocaml binding.
>
> Yes, there is http://hackage.haskell.org/package/obdd
> but I need better performance (with the same API, ideally).
>
> Thanks - J.W.
>
> PS: I wonder where performance goes out the window  ...
> I suspect  "Map (Int,Int) whatever" should really be
> a hashtable but I don't like it in IO, it should be in ST?

Actually, all Maps there should be IntMap's, strict ones. And yes,
cache field should be two-level IntMap too.

The type Index is good for external typed access, but internally one
should use IntMap.

Peter Gammie | 20 Aug 23:43 2012

On 20/08/2012, at 11:19 PM, Johannes Waldmann wrote:

> Are there any Haskell bindings for BDD libraries
> (reduced ordered binary decision diagrams)?
>
> E.g., it seems "buddy" is commonly used
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libbdd-dev
> and it has an Ocaml binding.

My hBDD bindings are on Hackage. I once had a binding to buddy but found CUDD to have superior performance for
my application.

cheers
peter

http://peteg.org/
Johannes Waldmann | 21 Aug 12:15 2012

Peter Gammie <peteg42 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> My hBDD bindings are on Hackage.

Great!  Perhaps add "category: logic" in the cabal file?

J.W.

Gmane