KC | 31 Aug 19:43 2012
Picon

Is it worth adding Gaussian elimination and eigenvalues to REPA?

I realize if one wants speed you probably want to use the hMatrix
interface to GSL, BLAS and LAPACK.

Worth it in the sense of have a purely functional implementation.

KC
Ben Gamari | 31 Aug 21:25 2012
Picon

Re: Is it worth adding Gaussian elimination and eigenvalues to REPA?

KC <kc1956 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I realize if one wants speed you probably want to use the hMatrix
> interface to GSL, BLAS and LAPACK.
>
> Worth it in the sense of have a purely functional implementation.

I, for one, have needed these in the past and far prefer Repa's
interface to that of hMatrix. I considered implementing these myself but
I doubt that I could write an implementation worthy of using having
relatively little knowledge of this flavor of numerics (stability is a
pain, so I hear).

Cheers,

- Ben

Gmane