Amy de Buitléir | 19 Sep 11:26 2012
Picon

ANNOUNCE: som-1.0

Do you have some data that you'd like to understand better? I'm happy to
announce a new package called som that may help:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/som
    https://github.com/mhwombat/som/wiki (wiki)

A Kohonen Self-organising Map (SOM) maps input patterns onto a regular grid
(usually two-dimensional) where each node in the grid is a model of the input
data, and does so using a method which ensures that any topological
relationships within the input data are also represented in the grid. This
implementation supports the use of non-numeric patterns.

In layman's terms, a SOM can be useful when you want to discover the underlying
structure of some data. I have a brief tutorial in the wiki, which I hope to
expand over the next few weeks.

Gmane