Edward Kmett | 24 Sep 12:47 2012
Picon

haddock changes between 2.10 and 2.12?

Was there some significant change/bug introduced to haddock made between 2.10 and 2.12?

When I look at the haddocks for kan-extensions 3.1: Data.Functor.Yoneda which purports to have been built by haddock 2.12 it shows all sorts of spurious superclass constraints on almost every instance that should have simplified out, but going back to kan-extensions-2.7: Data.Functor.Yoneda
none of this extra noise is present -- and the code in question hasn't been changed in the interim, so I'm pretty sure its not on my end.

-Edward
David Waern | 27 Sep 18:37 2012
Picon

Re: haddock changes between 2.10 and 2.12?

2012/9/24 Edward Kmett <ekmett <at> gmail.com>:
> Was there some significant change/bug introduced to haddock made between
> 2.10 and 2.12?
>
> When I look at the haddocks for kan-extensions 3.1: Data.Functor.Yoneda
> which purports to have been built by haddock 2.12 it shows all sorts of
> spurious superclass constraints on almost every instance that should have
> simplified out, but going back to kan-extensions-2.7: Data.Functor.Yoneda
> none of this extra noise is present -- and the code in question hasn't been
> changed in the interim, so I'm pretty sure its not on my end.

I think this is probably due to some change in the GHC internals.
We'll investigate.

Thanks for the report.

David

Gmane