Dan Haraj | 9 Oct 22:55 2012
Picon

OpenGL library will not load into GHCi 7.6.1 on Win7 x86-64

This is a regression of some sort since the library operates fine within GHCi for previous versions of GHC. I don't know whether it is a problem with GHCi, the OpenGL library, or some third party. This is the error encountered when a module that uses OpenGL tries to load:

Prelude Main> main
Prelude Main> :q
Leaving GHCi.
<interactive>: C:\...\OpenGLRaw-1.2.0.0\ghc-7.6.1\HSOpenGLRaw-1.2.0.0.o: unknown symbol `__imp_wglGetProcAddress'

I have very little of an idea of what's going on here. It would be rather painful to debug this myself so any insight is appreciated.
Jason Dagit | 10 Oct 01:12 2012
Picon

Re: OpenGL library will not load into GHCi 7.6.1 on Win7 x86-64

This is a regression of some sort since the library operates fine within GHCi for previous versions of GHC. I don't know whether it is a problem with GHCi, the OpenGL library, or some third party. This is the error encountered when a module that uses OpenGL tries to load:

Prelude Main> main
Prelude Main> :q
Leaving GHCi.
<interactive>: C:\...\OpenGLRaw-1.2.0.0\ghc-7.6.1\HSOpenGLRaw-1.2.0.0.o: unknown symbol `__imp_wglGetProcAddress'

I have very little of an idea of what's going on here. It would be rather painful to debug this myself so any insight is appreciated.

I don't know the solution or the culprit, but normally that symbol is defined in opengl32.lib/dll and the OpenGLRaw cabal file mentions it as an extra library.

Jason