Chatsiri Ratana | 11 Oct 12:47 2012
Picon

License of CloudHaskell code write by Haskell language.

Hello All,

                License of term of CloudHaskell[1]. It isn't  GNU & GPL public license. I not sure to include it's to my project.  Who know MPI write by haskell pure and not dependent on C/C++ wrapper such as Haskell-mpi[2]?  I need to idea  for implement OpenMPI standard by Haskell language. Who have an idea for implementing MPI by Haskell?

Thank in advance,
Chatsiri Rattana.
--
:--------------------------------------------------------

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic | 11 Oct 12:57 2012
Picon

Re: License of CloudHaskell code write by Haskell language.

On 11 October 2012 21:47, Chatsiri Ratana <insiderboy <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>                 License of term of CloudHaskell[1]. It isn't  GNU & GPL
> public license. I not sure to include it's to my project.  Who know MPI
> write by haskell pure and not dependent on C/C++ wrapper such as
> Haskell-mpi[2]?  I need to idea  for implement OpenMPI standard by Haskell
> language. Who have an idea for implementing MPI by Haskell?

It looks like a 3-clause BSD license, so you can use it within a GPL
project if that's what you're asking.

> [1]https://github.com/jepst/CloudHaskell/blob/master/LICENSE
> [2]http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-mpi
>
> Thank in advance,
> Chatsiri Rattana.
> --
> :--------------------------------------------------------

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic <at> gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com
Chatsiri Ratana | 11 Oct 14:42 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic <at> gmail.com> wrote:
On 11 October 2012 21:47, Chatsiri Ratana <insiderboy <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>                 License of term of CloudHaskell[1]. It isn't  GNU & GPL
> public license. I not sure to include it's to my project.  Who know MPI
> write by haskell pure and not dependent on C/C++ wrapper such as
> Haskell-mpi[2]?  I need to idea  for implement OpenMPI standard by Haskell
> language. Who have an idea for implementing MPI by Haskell?

It looks like a 3-clause BSD license, so you can use it within a GPL
project if that's what you're asking.
  My view, it's as general license, but in my project will specify with GPL term. CloudHaskell as OpenMPI concept, right?

> [1]https://github.com/jepst/CloudHaskell/blob/master/LICENSE
> [2]http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-mpi
>
> Thank in advance,
> Chatsiri Rattana.
> --
> :--------------------------------------------------------

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic <at> gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

--

Edsko de Vries | 16 Oct 13:20 2012
Picon

Re: License of CloudHaskell code write by Haskell language.

Hi,

The version of Cloud Haskell you cite is a prototype. I recommend you
use the 'distributed-process' package instead; it is licensed under
BSD3.

Edsko
Chatsiri Ratana | 17 Oct 05:03 2012