Janek S. | 19 Oct 13:55 2012
Picon

Adding custom events to eventlog

Dear list,

I'm using ThreadScope to improve performance of my parallel program. It would be very helpful for
me if I could place custom things in eventlog (e.g. "now function x begins"). Is this possible?

Janek
Ben Gamari | 19 Oct 17:02 2012
Picon

Re: Adding custom events to eventlog

"Janek S." <fremenzone <at> poczta.onet.pl> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I'm using ThreadScope to improve performance of my parallel program. It would be very helpful for
> me if I could place custom things in eventlog (e.g. "now function x begins"). Is this possible?

Yes, it certainly is possible. Have a look at Debug.Trace.traceEvent and
traceEventIO. I have found these to be a remarkably powerful tool for
understanding parallel performance.

Cheers,

- Ben
Janek S. | 19 Oct 17:31 2012