graham | 24 Oct 19:59 2012

Online haskell course

Anyone know of a similar course to the coursera scala one for haskell ?

https://www.coursera.org/course/progfun

Quite interesting online course that has graded assignments.

Anything similar or anyone considering doing something similar for
haskell ?

Thanks
Graham
Richard Wallace | 24 Oct 20:09 2012
Picon

Re: Online haskell course

In case you haven't seen it, there is an intro to Haskell video series
by Erik Meijer on Channel9. There aren't any graded assignments or
anything like that, but I found it to be excellent without those.

[1] http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C9-Lectures-Erik-Meijer-Functional-Programming-Fundamentals/Lecture-Series-Erik-Meijer-Functional-Programming-Fundamentals-Chapter-1

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM,  <graham <at> fatlazycat.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of a similar course to the coursera scala one for haskell ?
>
> https://www.coursera.org/course/progfun
>
> Quite interesting online course that has graded assignments.
>
> Anything similar or anyone considering doing something similar for
> haskell ?
>
> Thanks
> Graham

Joao H A Franco | 25 Oct 13:19 2012
Picon

Re: Online haskell course

There is also the Haskell course (21 videos) given by Philip Wadler (one or the creators of Haskell) at University of Edinburgh in 2011. The first video is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOl2y5uW0mA&feature=relmfu .

Course materials (lecture notes, exercises, solutions, references, etc.) can be found at http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/teaching/courses/inf1/fp/

Joao H de A Franco