Doug Beardsley | 6 Nov 23:21 2012

Looking for a Full-time Haskell Programmer

I've posted this before but did not get a whole lot of responses, so here it is again:

Karamaan Group, a principal investment firm based in Manhattan is looking for an outstanding software
developer to develop tools for financial analysis and knowledge management.

Candidates should have at least a bachelor's degree in computer science, math, or a related field and a good
sense of coding style.  This is a high-impact, high-visibility job opportunity where successful
candidates will be entrusted with a lot of responsibility for products that have a direct effect on the P&L
of the firm and influences our workflow.

Karamaan Group is a small hedge fund, so the next hire will have a very direct influence on our software
development and the firm as a whole.  We are a growth oriented firm that values people who take a craftsman's
pride in their work. We like to take a contrarian view of things, value experimenting, and use often
overlooked technologies.  We are looking for a candidate who shows strong analytical, organizational,
and communication skills.

We have a legacy Java code base that may need occasional maintenance, but for the past few years, most of our
new development has been done with Haskell (with bits and pieces of a few other languages here and there).
The ideal candidate would have at least some experience with Java and the related technologies used in our
existing code, but since Haskell is our language of choice, we're looking for strong Haskell skills.  We
have a knowledge management system built on Snap, so experience with Snap or Haskell web development in
general would help.  Unlike most finance companies, we don't require previous experience in finance or
business, but knowledge in those areas is definitely a plus, although candidates should already be able
to work legally in the U.S. and be willing to move to New Y
 ork City.

Please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment at karamaan.com.

Gmane