Shachaf Ben-Kiki | 10 Nov 16:17 2012
Picon

Taking over ghc-core

With Don Stewart's blessing
(<https://twitter.com/donsbot/status/267060717843279872>), I'll be
taking over maintainership of ghc-core, which hasn't been updated
since 2010. I'll release a version with support for GHC 7.6 later
today.

    Shachaf
Johan Tibell | 10 Nov 17:27 2012
Picon

Re: Taking over ghc-core

On Saturday, November 10, 2012, Shachaf Ben-Kiki wrote:

With Don Stewart's blessing
(<https://twitter.com/donsbot/status/267060717843279872>), I'll be
taking over maintainership of ghc-core, which hasn't been updated
since 2010. I'll release a version with support for GHC 7.6 later
today.

Yay!
Ben Gamari | 11 Nov 02:54 2012
Picon

Re: Taking over ghc-core

Shachaf Ben-Kiki <shachaf <at> gmail.com> writes:

> With Don Stewart's blessing
> (<https://twitter.com/donsbot/status/267060717843279872>), I'll be
> taking over maintainership of ghc-core, which hasn't been updated
> since 2010. I'll release a version with support for GHC 7.6 later
> today.

Thanks! I was needing ghc-core a few weeks ago. It'll be nice to see
this project maintained again.

Cheers,

- Ben
Bas van Dijk | 11 Nov 11:41 2012
Picon

Re: Taking over ghc-core

Great!

On 10 November 2012 16:17, Shachaf Ben-Kiki <shachaf <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> With Don Stewart's blessing
> (<https://twitter.com/donsbot/status/267060717843279872>), I'll be
> taking over maintainership of ghc-core, which hasn't been updated
> since 2010. I'll release a version with support for GHC 7.6 later
> today.
>
>     Shachaf

Andreas Abel | 15 Nov 00:32 2012
Picon

Re: Taking over ghc-core

Excellent!

With ghc-core being maintained again, we can start thinking about
compiling Agda to core instead of hs.

Andreas

On 11.11.12 11:41 AM, Bas van Dijk wrote:
> Great!
>
> On 10 November 2012 16:17, Shachaf Ben-Kiki <shachaf <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> With Don Stewart's blessing
>> (<https://twitter.com/donsbot/status/267060717843279872>), I'll be
>> taking over maintainership of ghc-core, which hasn't been updated
>> since 2010. I'll release a version with support for GHC 7.6 later
>> today.
>>
>>      Shachaf

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/
Carter Schonwald | 16 Nov 18:43 2012
Picon

Re: Taking over ghc-core

how would ghc-core enable targetting core for Agda?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Andreas Abel <andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
Excellent!

With ghc-core being maintained again, we can start thinking about compiling Agda to core instead of hs.

Andreas

On 11.11.12 11:41 AM, Bas van Dijk wrote:
Great!

On 10 November 2012 16:17, Shachaf Ben-Kiki <shachaf <at> gmail.com> wrote:
With Don Stewart's blessing
(<https://twitter.com/donsbot/status/267060717843279872>), I'll be
taking over maintainership of ghc-core, which hasn't been updated
since 2010. I'll release a version with support for GHC 7.6 later
today.

     Shachaf

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/

Jay Sulzberger | 16 Nov 21:25 2012
Picon

Re: Taking over ghc-core

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> how would ghc-core enable targetting core for Agda?
>

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Andreas Abel <andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de>wrote:
>
>> Excellent!
>>
>> With ghc-core being maintained again, we can start thinking about
>> compiling Agda to core instead of hs.
>>
>> Andreas

I would like to be able to take the textual version of Core
output by GHC and use that text as input to the next stage of
compilation.

oo--JS.

>> On 11.11.12 11:41 AM, Bas van Dijk wrote:
>>
>>> Great!

>> --
>> Andreas Abel  <><      Du bist der geliebte Mensch.
>>
>> Theoretical Computer Science, University of Munich
>> Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY
>>
>> andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de
>> http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~**abel/ <http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/>

Brent Yorgey | 16 Nov 22:12 2012

Re: Taking over ghc-core

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 03:25:35PM -0500, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >how would ghc-core enable targetting core for Agda?
> >

> >On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Andreas Abel <andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de>wrote:
> >
> >>Excellent!
> >>
> >>With ghc-core being maintained again, we can start thinking about
> >>compiling Agda to core instead of hs.
> >>
> >>Andreas
>
> I would like to be able to take the textual version of Core
> output by GHC and use that text as input to the next stage of
> compilation.
>
> oo--JS.

Note that the ghc-core package only does pretty-printing of GHC core.
Whether GHC can parse a textual representation of GHC core (like Jay
and, presumably, Andreas want) is unrelated to the ghc-core package.

-Brent
Jay Sulzberger | 16 Nov 22:37 2012
Picon

Re: Taking over ghc-core

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Brent Yorgey <byorgey <at> seas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 03:25:35PM -0500, Jay Sulzberger wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Carter Schonwald <carter.schonwald <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> how would ghc-core enable targetting core for Agda?

>> I would like to be able to take the textual version of Core
>> output by GHC and use that text as input to the next stage of
>> compilation.
>>
>> oo--JS.
>
> Note that the ghc-core package only does pretty-printing of GHC core.
> Whether GHC can parse a textual representation of GHC core (like Jay
> and, presumably, Andreas want) is unrelated to the ghc-core package.
>
> -Brent

Thanks, Brent!

My post was based on ignorance.

OK, I would like to suggest a talk at NYHUG on the GHC pipeline.
Else I might look at it without the support of NYHUGgers and
drink.

oo--JS.