timothyhobbs | 13 Nov 16:41 2012
Picon

hackageDB haddock errors

Hello,
There are several packages without haddock documentation on hackage.  The one that bugs me right now, is the latest version of gtk2hs: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/gtk
I've been told that this may be due to hackage updating docs with an infrequent cron job, so that new packages don't get their docs for a long time.  Whatever is causing it, the fact that hayoo http://holumbus.fh-wedel.de/hayoo/hayoo.html always uses the most frequent docs, means that I cannot currently search for anything gtk2hs related :(

Can someone please look into prodding this cron job so it doesn't take days to run, or look into resolving any errors that might be causing this unfortunate behaviour?

Thank you for your time,
and happy hacking,
Timothy
Andreas Abel | 13 Nov 20:18 2012
Picon

Re: [Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors

I found that for the recently uploaded Agda-2.3.2 there is no
haddockumentation.  Stumbling over the build protocol by chance

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/Agda/2.3.2/logs/success/ghc-7.6

I searched for whether haddock had been executed and found, yes, but
also, it failed:

   40% (  2 /  5) in 'Agda.Syntax.Abstract.Pretty'

haddock: internal error: /tmp/ghc17357_0/ghc17357_126.s: hPutBuf:
resource exhausted (No space left on device)

Q: Could this build be run again, with sufficient disk space?

For gtk-0.12.4 there is another explanation: it has build failures:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/gtk/0.12.4/logs/failure/ghc-7.6

On 13.11.2012 16:41, timothyhobbs <at> seznam.cz wrote:
> Hello,
> There are several packages without haddock documentation on hackage.
> The one that bugs me right now, is the latest version of gtk2hs:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/gtk
> I've been told that this may be due to hackage updating docs with an
> infrequent cron job, so that new packages don't get their docs for a
> long time.  Whatever is causing it, the fact that hayoo
> http://holumbus.fh-wedel.de/hayoo/hayoo.html always uses the most
> frequent docs, means that I cannot currently search for anything gtk2hs
> related :(
>
> Can someone please look into prodding this cron job so it doesn't take
> days to run, or look into resolving any errors that might be causing
> this unfortunate behaviour?
>
> Thank you for your time,
> and happy hacking,
> Timothy

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/
Greg Fitzgerald | 13 Nov 20:21 2012
Picon

Re: hackageDB haddock errors

Any reason haddock isn't run at the time the package is uploaded?  Or could the docs be included in the tarball?  Folks oftentimes want to announce their new packages right after uploading them, but usually there are no docs yet.  A little awkward.

Thanks,
Greg

I've been told that this may be due to hackage updating docs with an infrequent cron job, so that new packages don't get their docs for a long time.  Whatever is causing it, the fact that hayoo http://holumbus.fh-wedel.de/hayoo/hayoo.html always uses the most frequent docs, means that I cannot currently search for anything gtk2hs related :(

Can someone please look into prodding this cron job so it doesn't take days to run, or look into resolving any errors that might be causing this unfortunate behaviour?

Thank you for your time,
and happy hacking,
Timothy

timothyhobbs | 18 Nov 11:31 2012
Picon

Fwd: Re: [Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors

Can someone please try to fix the haddock errors :(

Thank you much

Timothy

--
Andreas Abel <>< Du bist der geliebte Mensch.

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/
Axel Simon | 18 Nov 12:53 2012
Picon

Re: Fwd: Re: [Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors

I gather the only way to do this is to upload a new version, right?

Cheers,
Axel

On 18.11.2012, at 11:31, <timothyhobbs <at> seznam.cz> wrote:

> Can someone please try to fix the haddock errors :(
>
> Thank you much
>
> Timothy

timothyhobbs | 18 Nov 13:05 2012
Picon

Re: Fwd: Re: [Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors

I presume so :( ,
though I cannot consider myself to be knowledgeable in this matter.

Timothy

I gather the only way to do this is to upload a new version, right?

Cheers,
Axel

On 18.11.2012, at 11:31, <timothyhobbs <at> seznam.cz> wrote:

> Can someone please try to fix the haddock errors :(
>
> Thank you much
>
> Timothy

wagnerdm | 18 Nov 16:08 2012

Re: Fwd: Re: [Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors

As noted below, the problem with gtk is not really a haddock problem.
It claims the source doesn't build with GHC-7.6, but I can't replicate
this behavior. Anybody have a machine that that can replicate this
problem that can either devote some small effort to figuring out why
or giving me enough machine specs that I can reproduce it at home in a
VM...?

~d

Quoting timothyhobbs <at> seznam.cz:

> Can someone please try to fix the haddock errors :(
>
> Thank you much
>
> Timothy
>

> ---------- P?vodní zpráva ----------
> Od: Andreas Abel <andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de>
> Datum: 13. 11. 2012
> P?edm?t: Re: [Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors
> "I found that for the recently uploaded Agda-2.3.2 there is no
> haddockumentation. Stumbling over the build protocol by chance
>

> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/Agda/2.3.2/logs/success/ghc-7.6
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/Agda/2.3.2/logs/success/ghc-7.6)
>
> I searched for whether haddock had been executed and found, yes, but
> also, it failed:

> 40% ( 2 / 5) in 'Agda.Syntax.Abstract.Pretty
> (http://Agda.Syntax.Abstract.Pretty)'
>
> haddock: internal error: /tmp/ghc17357_0/ghc17357_126.s: hPutBuf:
> resource exhausted (No space left on device)
>
> Q: Could this build be run again, with sufficient disk space?
>

> For gtk-0.12.4 there is another explanation: it has build failures:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/gtk/0.12.4/logs/failure/ghc-7.6
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/gtk/0.12.4/logs/failure/ghc-7.6)
>

> On 13.11.2012 16:41, timothyhobbs <at> seznam.cz wrote:
>> Hello,
>> There are several packages without haddock documentation on hackage.
>> The one that bugs me right now, is the latest version of gtk2hs:
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/gtk
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/gtk)
>> I've been told that this may be due to hackage updating docs with an
>> infrequent cron job, so that new packages don't get their docs for a
>> long time. Whatever is causing it, the fact that hayoo
>> http://holumbus.fh-wedel.de/hayoo/hayoo.html
> (http://holumbus.fh-wedel.de/hayoo/hayoo.html) always uses the most
>> frequent docs, means that I cannot currently search for anything gtk2hs
>> related :(
>>
>> Can someone please look into prodding this cron job so it doesn't take
>> days to run, or look into resolving any errors that might be causing
>> this unfortunate behaviour?
>>
>> Thank you for your time,
>> and happy hacking,
>> Timothy
>

> --
> Andreas Abel <>< Du bist der geliebte Mensch.
>
> Theoretical Computer Science, University of Munich
> Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY
>
> andreas.abel <at> ifi.lmu.de
> http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/(http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/)"

http://p.sf.net/sfu/zoho_dev2dev_nov
wagnerdm | 16 Feb 21:59 2013

Re: Fwd: Re: [Haskell-cafe] hackageDB haddock errors

Quoting timothyhobbs <at> seznam.cz:

> Can someone please try to fix the haddock errors :(

Per this trac ticket:
http://trac.haskell.org/gtk2hs/ticket/1282
...perhaps the problem is that Hackages' gtk2hs-buildtools are too
old. Let's see what we can do about that!
~d