Dan | 24 Nov 08:28 2012
Picon

Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

Because I see there are many preferences on what IDE to use for Haskell
I've
created a quick survey on this topic.
Please click here and select your choices from the lists. http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=oqr42h4jc8h0nbc53652 Any comments/suggestions are welcome. (if any is missing, etc) Apologies for the add they show after you select the preferences - it is a free survey tool - i guess they span> have to live somehow too :)
Erik de Castro Lopo | 24 Nov 08:58 2012

Re: Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

Dan wrote:

> Because I see there are many preferences on what IDE to use for Haskell
> I've created a quick survey on this topic.
>
> Please click here and select your choices from the lists.
>
> http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=oqr42h4jc8h0nbc53652
>

> Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

I use Geany which is not on the list.

Erik

Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/
David Virebayre | 24 Nov 09:14 2012
Picon

Re: Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

I often use geany too

2012/11/24 Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs <at> mega-nerd.com>:
> Dan wrote:
>
>> Because I see there are many preferences on what IDE to use for Haskell
>> I've created a quick survey on this topic.
>>
>> Please click here and select your choices from the lists.
>>
>> http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=oqr42h4jc8h0nbc53652
>>

>> Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
>
> I use Geany which is not on the list.
>
> Erik
Тимур Амиров | 24 Nov 09:47 2012
Picon

Re: Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

SublimeText is fine

2012/11/24 David Virebayre <dav.vire+haskell <at> gmail.com>
I often use geany too

2012/11/24 Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs <at> mega-nerd.com>:
> Dan wrote:
>
>> Because I see there are many preferences on what IDE to use for Haskell
>> I've created a quick survey on this topic.
>>
>> Please click here and select your choices from the lists.
>>
>> http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=oqr42h4jc8h0nbc53652
>>

>> Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
>
> I use Geany which is not on the list.
>
> Erik

Best
Timur DeTeam Amirov
Moscow, Russia

Janek S. | 24 Nov 10:14 2012
Picon

Re: Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

Will it be possible to see the results?

Janek

Dnia sobota, 24 listopada 2012, Dan napisał:
> Because I see there are many preferences on what IDE to use for Haskell
> I've created a quick survey on this topic.
>
> Please click here and select your choices from the lists.
>
> http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=oqr42h4jc8h0nbc53652
>

> Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
> (if any is missing, etc)
>
> Apologies for the add they show after you select the preferences - it is a
> free survey tool - i guess they have to live somehow too :)

Dan | 24 Nov 10:19 2012
Picon

Re: Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

Yes Janek,
I will post the results in a few days/one week max, once we get enough data in.
Dan

Dnia sobota, 24 listopada 2012, Dan napisał:
> Because I see there are many preferences on what IDE to use for Haskell
> I've created a quick survey on this topic.
>
> Please click here and select your choices from the lists.
>
> http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=oqr42h4jc8h0nbc53652
>

> Any comments/suggestions are welcome.
> (if any is missing, etc)
>
> Apologies for the add they show after you select the preferences - it is a
> free survey tool - i guess they have to live somehow too :)

Malcolm Wallace | 24 Nov 10:22 2012

Re: Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

At my workplace, most people who code in Haskell use MS Visual Studio as their Haskell IDE.  :-)
But they don't read Haskell-cafe...

Regards,
    Malcolm

On 24 Nov 2012, at 07:28, Dan wrote:

> Because I see there are many preferences on what IDE to use for Haskell
> I've created a quick survey on this topic.
>

> (if any is missing, etc)
Dan | 24 Nov 22:20 2012
Picon

Re: Survey: What are the more common Haskell IDEs in use ?

I expected some IDEs will be missed but to add an "other" text box would have to pay for the survey - so went for the cheap version..

Not too familiar with this survey tool so if we add now VisStudio to it may delete the other answers (have over 100 answers so far) -  so we'll add the VS option next time we run it (I assume they are a small number (?) )