Richard Cobbe | 24 Nov 18:43 2012

cabal isn't updating local doc index after local package upgrade

Haskell Platform 2012 v2.0.0, MacOS 64-bit.  (MacOS 10.8.2.)

I just used cabal to upgrade the installation of a local package I'm
writing, and I'm still seeing the old version of the documentation in
~/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html.  How can I fix this?

In more detail: this machine had greek-1.0.1 installed, but I was working
on another package that needed greek-1.1.0.  So I went into the directory
where I keep the source for the greek package, made sure it was up-to-date,
and ran

    cabal clean && cabal configure && cabal build && cabal install

as my normal user, not as root.  As far as I can tell, the rebuild was
successful; cabal's output finished with

    Installing library in
    /Users/cobbe/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/greek-1.1.0/lib
    Registering greek-1.1.0...
    Updating documentation index /Users/cobbe/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html

However, when I open ~/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html in my browser, I
still see the documentation for greek-1.0.  The docs for the new version
are present, in ~/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/greek-1.1.0/doc, but they
don't appear in the main index.

Am I missing a step in the process, or is this a bug in cabal?  Is there a
workaround?

I do have a couple of older versions of the greek package insatlled,
(Continue reading)

Roman Cheplyaka | 24 Nov 19:37 2012

Re: cabal isn't updating local doc index after local package upgrade

This is filed as https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1051

* Richard Cobbe <cobbe <at> ccs.neu.edu> [2012-11-24 12:43:55-0500]
> Haskell Platform 2012 v2.0.0, MacOS 64-bit.  (MacOS 10.8.2.)
>
> I just used cabal to upgrade the installation of a local package I'm
> writing, and I'm still seeing the old version of the documentation in
> ~/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html.  How can I fix this?
>
> In more detail: this machine had greek-1.0.1 installed, but I was working
> on another package that needed greek-1.1.0.  So I went into the directory
> where I keep the source for the greek package, made sure it was up-to-date,
> and ran
>
>     cabal clean && cabal configure && cabal build && cabal install
>
> as my normal user, not as root.  As far as I can tell, the rebuild was
> successful; cabal's output finished with
>
>     Installing library in
>     /Users/cobbe/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/greek-1.1.0/lib
>     Registering greek-1.1.0...
>     Updating documentation index /Users/cobbe/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html
>
> However, when I open ~/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html in my browser, I
> still see the documentation for greek-1.0.  The docs for the new version
> are present, in ~/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.4.1/lib/greek-1.1.0/doc, but they
> don't appear in the main index.
>
> Am I missing a step in the process, or is this a bug in cabal?  Is there a
(Continue reading)

Richard Cobbe | 24 Nov 22:35 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:37:31PM +0200, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> This is filed as https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1051

Ah!  Thanks for the pointer; I didn't know about that bug database.  I'll
watch that issue for further developments.

> * Richard Cobbe <cobbe <at> ccs.neu.edu> [2012-11-24 12:43:55-0500]
> > Haskell Platform 2012 v2.0.0, MacOS 64-bit.  (MacOS 10.8.2.)
> >
> > I just used cabal to upgrade the installation of a local package I'm
> > writing, and I'm still seeing the old version of the documentation in
> > ~/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html.  How can I fix this?

Richard

Gmane