Simon Hengel | 3 Dec 10:04 2012
Picon

RFC: Changes to Travis CI's Haskell support

Hi,
currently the default to test Haskell projects on Travis CI [1] is:

    install:
      - cabal install --enable-tests
    script:
      - cabal test

The issue with this is that it runs the test-suite twice, which is a
waste of resources and delays build reports.  This was an oversight on
my part, when I adapted Travis's Haskell support for
cabal-install-0.14.0.

I think the right thing to do is:

    install:
      - cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests

    script:
      - cabal configure --enable-tests && cabal build && cabal test

Please let me know if you think there are better ways to do it, or if
you see any issues.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] https://travis-ci.org/
Johan Tibell | 3 Dec 17:13 2012
Picon

Re: RFC: Changes to Travis CI's Haskell support

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Simon Hengel <sol <at> typeful.net> wrote:
> I think the right thing to do is:
>
>     install:
>       - cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests
>
>     script:
>       - cabal configure --enable-tests && cabal build && cabal test
>
> Please let me know if you think there are better ways to do it, or if
> you see any issues.

This is the right thing to do.

-- Johan
Simon Hengel | 5 Dec 09:51 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 08:13:42AM -0800, Johan Tibell wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Simon Hengel <sol <at> typeful.net> wrote:
> > I think the right thing to do is:
> >
> >     install:
> >       - cabal install --only-dependencies --enable-tests
> >
> >     script:
> >       - cabal configure --enable-tests && cabal build && cabal test
> >
> > Please let me know if you think there are better ways to do it, or if
> > you see any issues.
>
> This is the right thing to do.

I just created the PRs:

    https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-build/pull/51