Gareth Smith | 4 Dec 17:00 2012

PLMW: Mentoring at POPL. Second Call for Participation

Students! You have until Sunday to apply for funding to come to both
POPL and PLMW!

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop, Rome

Tuesday January 22, 2013

Co-located with POPL 2013

PLMW web page: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~gds/PLMW/index.html

After the resounding success of the first Programming Languages
Mentoring Workshop at POPL 2012, we proudly announce the 2nd SIGPLAN
Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (PLMW), co-located with POPL
2013 and organised by Nate Foster, Philippa Gardner, Alan Schmitt,
Gareth Smith, Peter Thieman and Tobias Wrigstad.

The purpose of this mentoring workshop is to encourage graduate
students and senior undergraduate students to pursue careers in
programming language research. This workshop will provide technical
sessions on cutting-edge research in programming languages, and
mentoring sessions on how to prepare for a research career. We will
bring together leaders in programming language research from academia
and industry to give talks on their research areas. The workshop will
engage students in a process of imagining how they might contribute to
our research community.