Alfredo Di Napoli | 30 Dec 15:38 2012

Mancunian Haskellers out there?

Morning Cafe,

Happy new year to everyone!
A.
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
Mateusz Kowalczyk | 30 Dec 15:58 2012

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

Greetings,
I'm currently residing in Bury, a metrolink ride away from Manchester. Unfortunately, I'm only here for Christmas holidays and am leaving tomorrow so a meeting is unlikely. I don't think that I'd be a good conversation partner anyway as my knowledge is still quite limited.

I'd love to hear whether you find any other people though. It would be nice if some Haskell talks could be held in the area if there are enough people.

Good luck on your search,
Mateusz Kowalczyk

On 30/12/12 14:38, Alfredo Di Napoli wrote:
Morning Cafe,

Happy new year to everyone!
A.

_______________________________________________ Haskell-Cafe mailing list Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
Alfredo Di Napoli | 30 Dec 16:15 2012

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

Hey, thanks for the response :)

Mine was more a small survey to see if we are enough to think about creating a small user group and see each other once a month or whenever :)

A.

On 30 December 2012 15:58, Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu <at> fuuzetsu.co.uk> wrote:
Greetings,

Good luck on your search,
Mateusz Kowalczyk

On 30/12/12 14:38, Alfredo Di Napoli wrote:
Morning Cafe,

Happy new year to everyone!
A.

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
Blake Rain | 1 Jan 17:19 2013

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

Hi Alfredo,

I live in Leeds, which is not far from Manchester. I'd be up for a user group nearby, so will +1 your user group :)

On 30 December 2012 15:15, Alfredo Di Napoli <alfredo.dinapoli <at> gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, thanks for the response :)

A.

Greetings,

Good luck on your search,
Mateusz Kowalczyk

On 30/12/12 14:38, Alfredo Di Napoli wrote:
Morning Cafe,

Happy new year to everyone!
A.

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
Arthur Clune | 1 Jan 18:28 2013

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

I'm in York and would love to meet up

Arthur

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
David Turner | 1 Jan 18:55 2013

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

On 01/01/2013 16:19, Blake Rain wrote:
> Hi Alfredo,
> I live in Leeds, which is not far from Manchester. I'd be up for a user
> group nearby, so will +1 your user group :)

Similarly for me - I'm Leeds based and would be interested in joining
in. Please sign me up!

David T

> Cheers,
> On 30 December 2012 15:15, Alfredo Di Napoli <alfredo.dinapoli <at> gmail.com
> <mailto:alfredo.dinapoli <at> gmail.com>> wrote:
>     Hey, thanks for the response :)
>     Mine was more a small survey to see if we are enough to think about
>     creating a small user group and see each other once a month or
>     whenever :)
>     Cheers,
>     A.
>     On 30 December 2012 15:58, Mateusz Kowalczyk
>     <fuuzetsu <at> fuuzetsu.co.uk <mailto:fuuzetsu <at> fuuzetsu.co.uk>> wrote:
>         Greetings,
>         I'm currently residing in Bury, a metrolink ride away from
>         Manchester. Unfortunately, I'm only here for Christmas holidays
>         and am leaving tomorrow so a meeting is unlikely. I don't think
>         that I'd be a good conversation partner anyway as my knowledge
>         is still quite limited.
>         I'd love to hear whether you find any other people though. It
>         would be nice if some Haskell talks could be held in the area if
>         there are enough people.
>         Good luck on your search,
>         Mateusz Kowalczyk
>         On 30/12/12 14:38, Alfredo Di Napoli wrote:
>>         Morning Cafe,
>>         I've been living in Manchester for 1 month now and I'm
>>         wondering if some on you are from the Greater Manchester area,
>>         so that we could chat about out beloved language in front of a
>>         glass of ale / tea :P
>>         Happy new year to everyone!
>>         A.
>>         _______________________________________________
>>         Haskell-Cafe mailing list
>>         Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org  <mailto:Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org>
>>         http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
>     _______________________________________________
>     Haskell-Cafe mailing list
>     Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org <mailto:Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org>
>     http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

David Turner
Senior Consultant
Tracsis PLC

Tracsis PLC is a company registered in
England and Wales with number 5019106.
Alfredo Di Napoli | 1 Jan 19:03 2013

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

Wow guys,

that's a great news!
I have no experience with User Groups or sites like Meetup (the only think I know is that a small contribution fee is required to create a Meetup), do you have any?
Basically I think the trickiest part would be to find a place to keep the meetings: I could ask to my employer, but it's unlikely it would gives us permission to use company's premises outside working hours.
Any idea?

Happy new year!
A.

On 1 January 2013 18:55, David Turner <d.turner <at> tracsis.com> wrote:
On 01/01/2013 16:19, Blake Rain wrote:
Hi Alfredo,

I live in Leeds, which is not far from Manchester. I'd be up for a user
group nearby, so will +1 your user group :)

Similarly for me - I'm Leeds based and would be interested in joining in. Please sign me up!

David T

On 30 December 2012 15:15, Alfredo Di Napoli <alfredo.dinapoli <at> gmail.com
<mailto:alfredo.dinapoli <at> gmail.com>> wrote:

Hey, thanks for the response :)
    Mine was more a small survey to see if we are enough to think about
    creating a small user group and see each other once a month or
    whenever :)

A.

On 30 December 2012 15:58, Mateusz Kowalczyk
    <fuuzetsu <at> fuuzetsu.co.uk <mailto:fuuzetsu <at> fuuzetsu.co.uk>> wrote:

Greetings,
        I'm currently residing in Bury, a metrolink ride away from
        Manchester. Unfortunately, I'm only here for Christmas holidays
        and am leaving tomorrow so a meeting is unlikely. I don't think
        that I'd be a good conversation partner anyway as my knowledge
        is still quite limited.

I'd love to hear whether you find any other people though. It
        would be nice if some Haskell talks could be held in the area if
        there are enough people.

Good luck on your search,
        Mateusz Kowalczyk

On 30/12/12 14:38, Alfredo Di Napoli wrote:
        Morning Cafe,

I've been living in Manchester for 1 month now and I'm
        wondering if some on you are from the Greater Manchester area,
        so that we could chat about out beloved language in front of a
        glass of ale / tea :P

Happy new year to everyone!
        A.

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org  <mailto:Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org>

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org <mailto:Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org>

David Turner
Senior Consultant
Tracsis PLC

Tracsis PLC is a company registered in
England and Wales with number 5019106.

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org

Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
James Jeffries | 3 Jan 13:59 2013

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

Hi there

There isn't currently a haskell user groupu in Manchester, however there is a functional programming group where a lot of the member s are haskellers.

It is at Madlab in the Northern Quarter and there is usually a trip to the pub afterwards.

Thanks
James

On 30/12/12 14:38, Alfredo Di Napoli wrote:
Morning Cafe, I've been living in Manchester for 1 month now and I'm wondering if some on you are from the Greater Manchester area, so that we could chat about out beloved language in front of a glass of ale / tea :P Happy new year to everyone! A. _______________________________________________ Haskell-Cafe mailing list Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org <mailto:Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
Alfredo Di Napoli | 3 Jan 14:39 2013

Re: Mancunian Haskellers out there?

Great news James, thanks!

I've checked on the map and is near Piccadilly Gardens, in the heart of Manchester!
I'll join the google group and attend the next meeting for sure :)

A.