Gwern Branwen | 2 Jan 00:07 2013
Picon

Haskell Summers of Code retrospective (updated for 2012)

The Wheel turns, and months come and pass, leaving web links that fade
into 403 Forbiddens; a wind rose in NYC, whispering of the coming
Winter...

As is now customary for me, I've looked into how the 2012 SoCs went -
the better to feed my misanthropic heart by mocking the students who
failed my whimsically arbitrary and subjective standards:
http://www.gwern.net/Haskell%20Summer%20of%20Code#results-2

This was not a good year. 2 students simply dropped out period, and 3
other projects turned out badly, leaving just 2 clearly successful
projects for the year. Hopefully 2013 will turn out better.

/r/haskell: http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/15sjur/summer_of_code_2012_retrospective/

gwern

Gmane