Danny Gratzer | 12 Jan 16:32 2013
Picon

A Meetup Group for MN Haskellers

Hello,

After seeing the post about Manchurian Haskellers I decided to start one for people in and around the Twin Cities.

Here's the meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/HaskellMN/

If any Haskell guru's are lurking around here we'd love to have you give a talk!

--
Danny Gratzer
Kim-Ee Yeoh | 12 Jan 17:40 2013

Re: A Meetup Group for MN Haskellers

Hey Danny,

Good job taking the lead! Wish you all success because I think meetups have so many underrated benefits.

(Where I am in a city > 10 million, i.e. Jakarta, Indonesia, you'd think it would be a piece of cake, but so far no dice. Me and another guy are working on this ....)

Have you considered corralling a bunch of other FPers together, like the Bay Area FP group? Results from a search for "Scala / Clojure Minneapolis" look promising.

-- Kim-Ee

After seeing the post about Manchurian Haskellers I decided to start one for people in and around the Twin Cities.

Here's the meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/HaskellMN/

If any Haskell guru's are lurking around here we'd love to have you give a talk!

--
Danny Gratzer

Alfredo Di Napoli | 12 Jan 21:54 2013
Picon

Re: A Meetup Group for MN Haskellers

You made me upset, I thought you created a Meetup for our mancunian :( sob :(

Alfredo

ps. Good luck for your meetup, though :)

Good job taking the lead! Wish you all success because I think meetups have so many underrated benefits.

(Where I am in a city > 10 million, i.e. Jakarta, Indonesia, you'd think it would be a piece of cake, but so far no dice. Me and another guy are working on this ....)

Have you considered corralling a bunch of other FPers together, like the Bay Area FP group? Results from a search for "Scala / Clojure Minneapolis" look promising.

-- Kim-Ee

After seeing the post about Manchurian Haskellers I decided to start one for people in and around the Twin Cities.

Here's the meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/HaskellMN/

If any Haskell guru's are lurking around here we'd love to have you give a talk!

--
Danny Gratzer

Danny Gratzer | 12 Jan 22:36 2013
Picon

Re: A Meetup Group for MN Haskellers

Haha sorry for the false hope, I'll update in a few weeks once things get rolling.