Kazu Yamamoto | 17 Jan 04:24 2013
Picon

DIY vs as-a-Service with MemCachier

Hello,

The following blog post by Joyent is worth reading:

	http://joyent.com/blog/diy-vs-as-a-service-with-memcachier

	"We don't really believe in Node.js (Go & Haskell are our
	choices), so that is a small concern to us, but everyone has
	their failings."

--Kazu
Jason Dusek | 17 Jan 11:16 2013
Picon

Re: DIY vs as-a-Service with MemCachier

2013/1/17 Kazu Yamamoto <kazu <at> iij.ad.jp>:
> The following blog post by Joyent is worth reading:
>
>         http://joyent.com/blog/diy-vs-as-a-service-with-memcachier
>
>         "We don't really believe in Node.js (Go & Haskell are our
>         choices), so that is a small concern to us, but everyone has
>         their failings."

The post is on the Joyent blog; but was written by someone from
MemCachier, a new partner with Joyent. MemCachier seems to have
partnered with a few other cloud platforms -- Heroku, for
example. It's nice to see a Bay Area "cloud" company speak up
for Haskell.

--
Jason Dusek
pgp // solidsnack // C1EBC57DC55144F35460C8DF1FD4C6C1FED18A2B

2013/1/17 Jason Dusek <jason.dusek <at> gmail.com>:
> 2013/1/17 Kazu Yamamoto <kazu <at> iij.ad.jp>:
>> The following blog post by Joyent is worth reading:
>>
>>         http://joyent.com/blog/diy-vs-as-a-service-with-memcachier
>>
>>         "We don't really believe in Node.js (Go & Haskell are our
>>         choices), so that is a small concern to us, but everyone has
>>         their failings."
>
> The post is on the Joyent blog; but was written by someone from
> MemCachier, a new partner with Joyent. MemCachier seems to have
> partnered with a few other cloud platforms -- Heroku, for
> example. It's nice to see a Bay Area "cloud" company speak up
> for Haskell.

The person is David Terei, he's quite famous in the Haskell community
for having written the LLVM backend for GHC.

Cheers,
Thu

Gmane