Andrew Pennebaker | 19 Jan 19:42 2013
Picon

Mobile app development?

There are currently very few options, especially free and open source options, when it comes to developing cross-platform mobile applications. It's basically web apps with JavaScript, or C++. If Haskell supported app development on Android, iOS, and Windows RT, that alone would bring in more developers.

Similarly, there are very few languages for mobile development that take advantage of multiple cores and multiple CPUs. Haskell's `parmap` is an amazing selling point. Can we please prioritize mobile support? I'd much rather write everything in ML than PhoneGap.

Andrew Pennebaker
KC | 19 Jan 19:58 2013
Picon

Re: Mobile app development?

You would need native compilers for all the platforms and/or virtual
machine technology.

Might be easier to have the browser connect to a Haskell app.