Kazu Yamamoto | 21 Jan 03:55 2013
Picon

Up-front Unit Testing in Haskell

#Resending due to the lack of URL.

Hello cafe,

Just FYI:

I wrote an tutorial, "Up-front Unit Testing in Haskell". It is about
how to use doctest, hspec and Cabal.

	https://github.com/kazu-yamamoto/unit-test-example/blob/master/markdown/en/tutorial.md

Enjoy!

--Kazu
Mateusz Kowalczyk | 21 Jan 04:54 2013
Picon

Re: Up-front Unit Testing in Haskell

Quite informative, thank you. It was nice to see how to combine the
suites together as most places only show how to use one.

The mention about Travis CI is also much appreciated; it seems like a
really good project and I will definitely be using it in the future.

Mateusz Kowalczyk

On 21/01/13 02:55, Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) wrote:
> #Resending due to the lack of URL.
>
> Hello cafe,
>
> Just FYI:
>
> I wrote an tutorial, "Up-front Unit Testing in Haskell". It is about
> how to use doctest, hspec and Cabal.
>
> 	https://github.com/kazu-yamamoto/unit-test-example/blob/master/markdown/en/tutorial.md
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --Kazu

Jan Stolarek | 21 Jan 13:34 2013
Picon

Re: Up-front Unit Testing in Haskell

Thanks for a nice tutorial. A couple of months ago I spent quite some time trying to figure out
how to write tests in Haskell, which resulted in this blog post:
http://ics.p.lodz.pl/~stolarek/blog/2012/10/code-testing-in-haskell/
Sadly there are no test-framework providers for hspec and dostest - this would make using them a
whole lot easier.

Janek