Daniel Trstenjak | 18 Feb 18:48 2013
Picon

layers: A prototypical 2d platform game

Hi all,

also if there's not that much to see and only a few minutes of gameplay,
but after spending quite a few hours writing it, getting a feeling for
Haskell and it's usage, perhaps it's in some way useful for someone,
even if just for a few minutes of distraction.

https://github.com/dan-t/layers

Greetings,
Daniel
Henk-Jan van Tuyl | 19 Feb 13:40 2013
Picon

Re: layers: A prototypical 2d platform game

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:48:01 +0100, Daniel Trstenjak
<daniel.trstenjak <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> also if there's not that much to see and only a few minutes of gameplay,
> but after spending quite a few hours writing it, getting a feeling for
> Haskell and it's usage, perhaps it's in some way useful for someone,
> even if just for a few minutes of distraction.
>
> https://github.com/dan-t/layers
>

> Greetings,
> Daniel

It seems to me that there is something missing from this e-mail.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming
--
Daniel Trstenjak | 19 Feb 13:55 2013
Picon

Re: layers: A prototypical 2d platform game

Hi Henk-Jan,

> It seems to me that there is something missing from this e-mail.

What are you missing?

Greetings,
Daniel
Vo Minh Thu | 19 Feb 14:15 2013

2013/2/19 Daniel Trstenjak <daniel.trstenjak <at> gmail.com>:

> Hi Henk-Jan,
>
>> It seems to me that there is something missing from this e-mail.
>
> What are you missing?

Screenshots obviously ;)
Daniel Trstenjak | 19 Feb 14:39 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 02:15:33PM +0100, Vo Minh Thu wrote:
> Screenshots obviously ;)

Hurray!
Mateusz Kowalczyk | 19 Feb 15:11 2013

On 19/02/13 13:39, Daniel Trstenjak wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 02:15:33PM +0100, Vo Minh Thu wrote:
>> Screenshots obviously ;)
>
> Hurray!

Eh, I expected a game where we get to catch combinators and other cool
stuff.

How about a game where you collect functions that compose with each
other and you lose points on those that don't. The implementation might
be tricky but I think it's a nice spin-off from the typical formula.

Mateusz K.
Henk-Jan van Tuyl | 19 Feb 22:11 2013
Picon

Re: layers: A prototypical 2d platform game

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:55:14 +0100, Daniel Trstenjak
<daniel.trstenjak <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Henk-Jan,
>
>> It seems to me that there is something missing from this e-mail.
>
> What are you missing?

The message starts with the word "also", so it looks if there should be
some other text in front of it.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/