Doaitse Swierstra | 21 Feb 11:18 2013
Picon

question about: --hyperlink-source

I ran into the problem that for the packages which I install using

cabal install

The generated html does not contain links to the sources. This issue was raised before in:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1587635/haddock-for-cabal-installed-modules

I have been looking into the documentation available, but could not find a way to set this e.g. as a default in
some .haddock file.

Am I overlooking something?

  Doaitse
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic | 21 Feb 12:02 2013
Picon

Re: question about: --hyperlink-source

On 21 February 2013 21:18, Doaitse Swierstra <doaitse <at> swierstra.net> wrote:
> I ran into the problem that for the packages which I install using
>
> cabal install
>
> The generated html does not contain links to the sources. This issue was raised before in:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1587635/haddock-for-cabal-installed-modules
>
> I have been looking into the documentation available, but could not find a way to set this e.g. as a default
in some .haddock file.

> Am I overlooking something?

I don't think this is currently possible:
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/510

>   Doaitse

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic <at> gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com
Albert Y. C. Lai | 22 Feb 21:58 2013

On 13-02-21 05:18 AM, Doaitse Swierstra wrote:
> I ran into the problem that for the packages which I install using
>
> cabal install
>
> The generated html does not contain links to the sources. This issue was raised before in:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1587635/haddock-for-cabal-installed-modules
>
> I have been looking into the documentation available, but could not find a way to set this e.g. as a default
in some .haddock file.

(I infer that you already have "documentation: True" in your
$HOME/.cabal/config. Therefore, I will omit --enable-documentation.)

Since cabal-install 0.14: cabal install --haddock-hyperlink-source

Requires hscolour.

Unfortunately, this flag has no corresponding line in $HOME/.cabal/config.

There are several related --haddock-thisthat flags. See cabal install
--help for more. (They are conveniently near the end.)

Gmane