Christopher Howard | 27 Feb 06:24 2013

derivatives and integrals

Hi. The scope of this question is likely bigger that Haskell, but this
seems like the right crowd to ask. I'm in Calc II right now, and I'm
looking for a FOSS desktop application (I use Gnu/Linux) to replace the
functionality of my TI-98 in finding derivatives and integrals. (It's
very convenient for double checking my own solutions.) I've heard of
some software like Octave, but the manuals are usually very large, and
I'm not sure what is the best one to start with. I was wondering if
there is anyone on this list who uses free software to do that sort of
simpler Calc stuff, and what it is that they use.

frigidcode.com

Carlo Hamalainen | 27 Feb 06:29 2013
Picon

Re: derivatives and integrals

I'm not sure what is the best one to start with. I was wondering if
there is anyone on this list who uses free software to do that sort of
simpler Calc stuff, and what it is that they use.

Not sure about any Haskell-based systems, but I can recommend Sage, a Python-based mathematics software system, which includes Maxima:

--
Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net