Rogan Creswick | 28 Feb 01:28 2013

ANN: cabal-dev 0.9.2 - sandboxed haskell builds

The (ever growing) cabal-dev team is happy to announce v. 0.9.2!

Cabal-dev is a tool to test development libraries by creating a
sandboxed package and dependency build environment.  Executing
`cabal-dev install` will create a sandbox, named cabal-dev in the
current directory, and populate it with the project dependencies,
which are built and installed into a package database within the

This is a bug-fix/maintenance release, but it's worth noting that it is
now possible to build cabal-dev from hackage with a recent GHC.  We've
also decided to focus our efforts to provide support for the current
release of GHC, the current Haskell Platform, and the previous Haskell

This is the long-awaited version that actually builds with recent
GHC's (7.6, in particular). A great deal of thanks for this release to
go to active members of the community who've patiently directed other
Haskell users to the github repo for a working cabal-dev, and in
particular to the dozens (!) of you who've submitted bug reports and
patches that resulted in this release (in particular: Bob Ippolito for
not only fixing a race condition that caused the test suite to
fail. Thanks Bob!)).

Haskell-Cafe mailing list
Haskell-Cafe <at>