Simon Thompson | 6 Mar 15:23 2013
Picon

Commercial Users of Functional Programming: Call for tutorials

Commercial Users of Functional Programming

Call for tutorials

Commercial Users of Functional Programming (CUFP) is an annual meeting co-located with the
International Conference on Functional Programming which this year will take place in Boston, MA, USA on
22-24 September 2013. CUFP aims to bridge the gap between academia and users applying functional
programming in practice. CUFP provides high-quality practical tutorials covering
state-of-the-art techniques and tools for functional programming.

We are seeking proposals for half-day tutorials to be presented during the first two days of the meeting, 22
and 23 September, with the main CUFP session on 24 September.

Among the suggested topics for tutorials are:

 - Introductions to functional programming languages: in the past we have had introductions to Clojure,
Erlang, F#, Haskell, ML, OCaml, Scala, Scheme and others.

 - Applying functional programming in particular areas, including the web, high-performance computing, finance.

- Tools and techniques supporting state of the art functional programming.

Tutorial proposals should address the following points

 - Title
 - Abstract (about 100 words)
 - Goals: by the end of this tutorial you will be able to …
 - Intended audience: e.g. beginners, those with a working knowledge of X, …
 - Infrastructure required: For example,