Ulrike Golas | 9 Mar 12:33 2013
Picon

ACCAT 2013: final call for participation and invitation to discussion

[Apologies if you receive more than one copy of the following announcement]

FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
AND INVITATION TO DISCUSSION
==========
8th International Workshop on
Applied and Computational Category Theory
ACCAT 2013

http://accat2013.zib.de/

Satellite Event of ETAPS 2013, Rome, March 17 2013
==========
Deadline for online registration: March 8

*Attendees are warmly invited to join the closing discussion. Please communicate your intention to
deliver a position statement to the organizers.*
==========
Since the 1960s, the use of category theory in computer science has been a fruitful one, ranging form
automata theory to algebraic specification to programming languages.

In recent years techniques and methods from CT have been adopted as a standard research tool, and
considered as such in different venues around the world. The ACCAT workshop on "Applied and
Computational Category Theory" has been one of these venues. Since its inception in 2006, ACCAT provided
a forum where invited contributors presented their own research on different facets of category theory
applied to computer science.

Despite ACCAT success, we believe that the formula should be revised. Indeed, we have the feeling that a
conference is missing where all kinds of applications of category theory to computer science can be
presented (like the former CTCS conference, which somehow ended in 2006). This year, we would like to use