Alfredo Di Napoli | 18 Mar 12:23 2013
Picon

How to use the nice test output spit out by test-framework with "cabal test"?

Hi guys,

I've been wondering for a long time about how to use the nice terminal-base report spit out from test-framework when I type "cabal test".
Atm this is my run-of-the-mill cabal setting:

test-suite test-all
  type: exitcode-stdio-1.0
  main-is: Main.hs
  ghc-options: -w -threaded -rtsopts -with-rtsopts=-N
  hs-source-dirs: tests
[...]

but this runs tests using the default cabal interface:

Linking dist/build/test-all/test-all ...
Running 1 test suites...
Test suite test-all: RUNNING...
Test suite test-all: PASS
Test suite logged to: dist/test/opencv-simple-0.1.0.0-test-all.log
1 of 1 test suites (1 of 1 test cases) passed.

This is, instead, what I wanted when I type "cabal test" and "cabal install --enable-tests":

is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

A.
Jan Stolarek | 18 Mar 12:33 2013
Picon

Re: How to use the nice test output spit out by test-framework with "cabal test"?

> is it possible?
The output you are looking for is in the log file: dist/test/opencv-simple-0.1.0.0-test-all.log
It gets displayed only if something goes wrong (i.e. a test fails). If all tests pass it's logged
to the file. I hope this helps.

Janek

Gmane