Roman Cheplyaka | 24 Mar 19:04 2013

Data.StorableVector vs Data.Vector.Storable

What is the relationship between these two modules? Do we really need
both?

(Data.Vector.Storable is part of vector, Data.StorableVector is from a
separate package, storablevector.)

Roman
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic | 24 Mar 22:59 2013
Picon

Re: Data.StorableVector vs Data.Vector.Storable

On 25 March 2013 05:04, Roman Cheplyaka <roma <at> ro-che.info> wrote:
> What is the relationship between these two modules? Do we really need
> both?

There doesn't seem to be any relationship at all between them...

> (Data.Vector.Storable is part of vector, Data.StorableVector is from a
> separate package, storablevector.)

Going by the initial release date for the two of them, storablevector
is a few months older than vector.

Otherwise, it's just like why we have multiple implementations of
monad transformer stacks, etc.