Eric Wong | 26 Mar 08:58 2013
Picon

Install wx on Windows XP

Hi Haskellers,

I'm trying to install wxHaskell on Windows XP. I have already installed Haskell Platform 2012.04.0.0, MinGW and wxWidgets. When I try to install wx, I got the following error when cabal is installing wxcore:

$ cabal install wx
Resolving dependencies...
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\wxcore-
0.90.0.3-896\wxcore-0.90.0.3\Setup.hs, C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\wxcore
-0.90.0.3-896\wxcore-0.90.0.3\dist\setup\Main.o )
Linking C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\wxcore-0.90.0.3-896\wxcore-0.90.0.3\d
ist\setup\setup.exe ...
Configuring wxcore-0.90.0.3...
Generating class type definitions from .h files
generating: src/haskell/Graphics/UI/WXCore/WxcClassTypes.hs
reading class definitions:
parsing: C:\Documents/include/wxc.h
wxdirect: C:\Documents/include/wxc.h: openFile: does not exist (No such file or
directory)
Generating class info definitions
generating: src/haskell/Graphics/UI/WXCore/WxcClassInfo.hs
reading class definitions:
parsing: C:\Documents/include/wxc.h
wxdirect: C:\Documents/include/wxc.h: openFile: does not exist (No such file or
directory)
Generating class method definitions from .h files
parsing: Data\cabal\wxc-0.90.0.4\ghc-7.4.2\include/wxc.h
wxdirect: Data\cabal\wxc-0.90.0.4\ghc-7.4.2\include/wxc.h: openFile: does not ex
ist (No such file or directory)
Building wxcore-0.90.0.3...
Preprocessing library wxcore-0.90.0.3...

src\haskell\Graphics\UI\WXCore\WxcClassTypes.hs:1:1:
    File name does not match module name:
    Saw: `Main'
    Expected: `Graphics.UI.WXCore.WxcClassTypes'
cabal.exe: Error: some packages failed to install:
wx-0.90.0.1 depends on wxcore-0.90.0.3 which failed to install.
wxcore-0.90.0.3 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

It looks like it's confused by the spaces in the path and can't find the wxc.h file. I tried to configure cabal to install all user packages into a simpler directory. But cabal always install to the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\cabal directory no matter how I change the config file there.
Anyone knows how to fix this problem or change cabal directory on Windows? Thanks.

p.s. I'm using the user Administrator.

Henk-Jan van Tuyl | 26 Mar 19:35 2013
Picon

Re: Install wx on Windows XP

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:58:18 +0100, Eric Wong <wsysdu <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Haskellers,
>
> I'm trying to install wxHaskell on Windows XP. I have already installed
> Haskell Platform 2012.04.0.0, MinGW and wxWidgets. When I try to install
> wx, I got the following error when cabal is installing wxcore:
:
:
> It looks like it's confused by the spaces in the path and can't find the
> wxc.h file. I tried to configure cabal to install all user packages into
> a simpler directory. But cabal always install to the C:\Documents and
> Settings\Administrator\Application Data\cabal directory no matter how I
> change the config file there.
> Anyone knows how to fix this problem or change cabal directory on
> Windows? Thanks.

The best way to do this, is to download from
   https://github.com/atzedijkstra/wxHaskell
. (This is the most up to date repository online.) Then replace the
wxcore\Setup.hs file with the one attached to this e-mail (this has not
been tested on non-Windows platforms). Install all wxHaskell packages from
this repository, in the following order:
   wxdirect
   wxc
   wxcore
   wx
.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

http://Van.Tuyl.eu/
Haskell programming
--
Attachment (Setup.hs): text/x-haskell, 4369 bytes
harry | 29 May 12:52 2013
Picon

Re: Install wx on Windows XP

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:58:18 +0100, Eric Wong <wsysdu at gmail.com> wrote:

> The best way to do this, is to download from
>    https://github.com/atzedijkstra/wxHaskell
> . (This is the most up to date repository online.) Then replace the
> wxcore\Setup.hs file with the one attached to this e-mail (this has not
> been tested on non-Windows platforms). Install all wxHaskell packages from
> this repository, in the following order:
>    wxdirect
>    wxc
>    wxcore
>    wx

I tried that on the latest HP, and it insisted on downloading the old
version of wxdirect to sovle some dependency in wxcore, then rebuild wxc
against it, and got back to the old problems.

Is there going to be a new release on hackage with the fixes?

Gmane